PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to Ride in Kansas..

JhallettEX
03-04-2002, 04:59 PM
I am going to be going to Kansas to ride on March 15,16,17,18. I want to go to Milford Lake. Dos anyone have any info on this ride area or any other good areas. I am from Nebraska and just want to get out of here for a weekend. Also we will be at Little Sahara on April 4-7. Thanks alot guys.

dads400ex
03-04-2002, 07:01 PM
You will enjoy Milford, I have gone a couple of times so far and plan on going again as soon as I heal up and get my quad fixed back up, the last time we went, about 2 weeks ago I was going down a trail and was going to go down a hill and it had some roots going across it and as I dropped over the first one it was washed out behind it from motorcycles going up it and I flipped it over the nose bent my handle bars down on the left side and bruised my ribbs and twisted my ankle pretty bad, just glad I had my rideing boots on or I think I would have snapped my ankle. Anyway back to Milford as you come into the riding area there is two sides of riding, on the east side is a lot of rocky trails and hills, mainly tight trails more slow, pick your way through it types and the west is mainly dirt with some rocky areas and some areas that you can open it up a little. I do not know the area size but you have pleanty of room to play. I think it is a lot fun and can't wait to go again.
Hopefully this will help you,
dads400ex

Have also heard of Perry lake which is N.E. of Milford over by Lawrance and also Kanopolis which is west of Milford and then west, S.W. of Salina I have not been to either one so I can not comment on them.

JhallettEX
03-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the info, What is the camping like there, ie; how much does it cost a night and do you have to have a park sticker? is there showers and electricity?

dads400ex
03-05-2002, 03:32 PM
No cost to camp or ride it's all primative, no showers but it does have a pit toilet, you just need to grab a spot and make camp either by the lake or in an area of some trees that is close to the lake.

dads400ex

JhallettEX
03-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Is there any electrical outlets? Thanks alot.

dads400ex
03-06-2002, 05:43 PM
No, there is no water, electricity or disignated camping spots just a pit toilet and an open area beside the lake or an area in the trees and also a area for what people use for just a day parking area and the trails are accesable from were ever you park.

dads400ex