PDA

View Full Version : Oil Injection Removal

PHAT400
03-04-2004, 10:52 AM
OK, How do I go about this? I checked it out the other day and it appears to be a small brass insert in the carb. Remove the oil tube and it's right there. Do I need to remove the carb (to make the mod easier) and pull, drill, yank, crank or what to get the brass fitting out. Or was it simply meant to be capped.

I'm going to be doing the tranny mod and the the new exhaust. Apparently with the new cdi and these 2 additional mod's this should increase the output greatly. I've been told that the oil injection on the motor does not do well after these mod's. Best to remove it and go to pre/mix.

Oh yeah ;) It's a scrambler 50 03.

:macho

Elduner
03-04-2004, 11:33 AM
I just removed mine.. I pulled the line off the carb and then I used welded the hole on the carb shut using a sotering iron. Nice and sealed and I dont got to worry about a a plug or somethine else falling off.

Here is some quick info on that.

OIL PUMP REMOVAL

Remove Oil Tank.
Remove fan cover and fan housing.
Remove fan.
Remove rotor-using puller, (much like a steering wheel puller)
You will use 2 of the screw hole that mounted the fan for mounting the puller; it only takes a few slow even turns of center bolt.

Remove 2 screws holding stator,
Remove all grease.
Remove oil pump.
Remove C-clip from front of white drive gear, remove small pin from crank which drives the gear.
Replace pump to plug hole.
Replace, stator, and fan.

Remove carb, remove oil tube from carb that comes from the oil pump.
Solder weld the carb fitting that oil tube attached so it sucks no air.

We highly recommend using a new single throttle cable, if you do not have a source give me a call and we have a new replacement throttle cable.

Your now ready to go to pre mix.

PHAT400
03-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Thank you... ;)