PDA

View Full Version : 400 wont start

EX Flash
03-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Normally to start it, it has to be in neutral with light on but it doesnt always come on,gotta rock the quad at times ..... any ideas on that? Also the relay would click but not start, but after a few tries it starts up ...... any ideas on that?

Thanx Guys

EX Flash

RIDER11X
03-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Check your fuse, and clean all of you battery, ground, and starter connections. Also get a battery tender to keep it at full charge.:cool:

RoadkillerRyan
03-04-2004, 03:10 PM
same problem with my 300

hosted
03-04-2004, 05:10 PM
I was having the same problem before. Mine eneded up being a loose ground. Looked at the negative side of the battery and it was really loose. Another time, the fused wire was barely connected to the starter relay, so I made a new connection there and it was staring right up then.

trikemoto85
03-08-2004, 08:32 AM
im not very kean on 400's yet.....but i know that if it has a neutral switch...it could be going bad, test it with a multimeter it should have no more than .2ohms that goes for any switch...... i dont dont know if the neutral switch has anything to do with the starting curcuit so i cant help u there.

400EX22
03-09-2004, 08:44 AM
just unhook ur nutral switch... takes care of having to rock back and forth and u can start it in any gear u want.... sooo much easier

those guys got the right idea w. the fuses and the loose ground... also ur fuse holder.... could have water in it....a good way to help keep that dry is get a batery cover.... we took an old inner tube and just cut it the size we needed and zip tied it around the battery.. works like a charm

chucked
03-10-2004, 05:03 PM
my 400 had the starting problem where it would click but not start, replaced the solenoid and never had it since.