PDA

View Full Version : Shifter wore hole in crank case

03-04-2002, 04:43 PM
My shifter wore a tiny little hole almost unnoticable to the eye on my crank case...I could feel the pressure shooting out of my engine from the hole....I would like to know if anyone has a crank case for sale by any chance because i will be needing one soon

"BLAHH"300!!
03-04-2002, 04:45 PM
how is your shifter rubbing up aginst your case...sure it's not bent...thats a first for me.....

kabd69667
03-04-2002, 05:11 PM
My shifter does rub against my case...it just wears the paint off. You just have to pull it out. Thats the only suggestion i have

kc 300EX
03-04-2002, 06:05 PM
I dont think youll need a new one if its so small a hole, try some quik steel epoxy or sumthing.
I know a guy who wore a hole in his sreet bikes magneto cover from laying it down on theroad, it with the quik steel

03-04-2002, 06:40 PM
yeah mine rubs a little bit too, just a enough to wear a little paint off. take it off so you dont bend anything, and hammer it out so it clears the case. i wish the billet ones werent so expensive, cuz those dont bend. good luck

400exdad
03-05-2002, 06:25 AM
Mine rubs sometimes... I think the shifter flexes sometimes on up shifts. I think I would pull the side cover off and repair it with some JB weld from the inside.

03-05-2002, 07:46 AM
With it rubbin like that how the hel did it shift?? I know when I got to racing sometimes I sure as s*** knew when that cheap *** metal had bent. First I took the shifter and moved it to the outer most part of the spline and tried that...Then I got tired of bending it back off of the case, so I finally broke down and spent the Cheddar on a billet shifter. Result is no more bending and much faster shifts!!!!!!!

"BLAHH"300!!
03-05-2002, 10:50 AM
my shoe lace got around it once and bent it....didn't notice..i was crusin in 3rd and went to try 2nd.no shifter.but i bent it back in with my hand and no-problems sence