PDA

View Full Version : Fat guy on a trx300 4x4

chuckles
03-04-2004, 03:00 AM
Hey guys...im riding a trx300 4x4 .. i opted for this over my wolverine i had because for a few reason.....love honda reliablility and love the low end on a 300...(wolverine didnt have enought to spin the wheels in deep holes with me on it)my question is im worried about me hurting my bike....im a big guy...6'3 and bout 400lbs.....i feel great on bike and it seems to run fine........my questions are....what upgrades do you all recomend short of doing a big bore for right now.....its almost brand new... i bought off an old man so i dont want to tear it apart right now..so what upgrades are good and what are no no's....pipe,exhaust, an other bolt ons? should i stick with stock tires with aggresive tread or go with bigger tires with less agressive?....anything else...any impute appreciated...thanks

brandonpeake
03-04-2004, 08:04 AM
check out this site , he is a member on a site that im a moderator on, and he gets decent power out of his 300
www.freewebs.com/silvertip300/index.htm

u got the usual mods u can do, airfilter, u ride all mud ? re jet the carb, there are several exhausts out there that will helpo free up some power, hi comp piston, and i think u can run a 250x head on it and give it some more power but im not positive!
hoppe i helped u out some

bobbo97f150
03-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Check out the forum at Highlifter (www.highlifter.com) . You will get many more responses there. I would not go too much taller than the stock tires. I believe stock size on the 300 4x4 is 23"ers in the front and 24s in the back. Remember to stagger the fronts and rears by one inch because the 300 4x4 is full time 4x4 and the gear ratios are different in the front and rear differentials. I had a supertrapp pipe, K&n filter and jetted carb on my 300 4x4 with 25" front/26" rear Mudbugs. It would pull them alright but in the nasty holes, I could not turn them over and I weigh 150lbs. Remember, the displacement on that motor is only 282cc's. I have not heard many good things about the 250X/300EX head swap. Most people ended up going back to stock due to problems but I haven't tried it. PM me if you need anything else. Sorry for the length.

brandonpeake
03-04-2004, 11:40 AM
i am a moderator at
www.mudanddirt.com
its a forum in alabama about mudriding mainly right now but we are adding more sprot riders daily so check it out , these guys on there can help out alot they eat sleep and breathe these honda utility atv's