PDA

View Full Version : ASV clutch lever, who has one on there quad?

Woodsrider
03-03-2004, 09:10 PM
I bought an ASV clutch lever for the 400 yesterday and when I went to install it, I found that the jam nut on the throw adjustment screw hits the starter/light switch housing.

I bought a universal fit (CR style), Is there a specific one for Quads?

Thanks

brandonpeake
03-04-2004, 08:09 AM
i think so , i saw it in dirt wheels and it said something about asv quad style or quad lever something like that

rtc makes some kick @ss ones as well

Doibugu2
03-04-2004, 08:29 AM
PM RytM1, I know he just bought them, I know he said he liked them.

dirtmomma
03-04-2004, 08:37 AM
My nephew bought one for his RM & he had some problems mounting it also, something to do w/ the perch or something. They are nice though Good Luck!!!

Woodsrider
03-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
i think so , i saw it in dirt wheels and it said something about asv quad style or quad lever something like that

rtc makes some kick @ss ones as well

I went to there website and the pic of the "quad style" shows a pic it mounted without a switch assembly. So Then I went to another store today and compared the two. There is no difference.
Here is a picture to show you what I am talking about.
I don't see any way around it:(

nacs400ex
03-04-2004, 07:36 PM
I have one on my R, But I dont have a light/stater. So it doesnt interfer with my setup. I really love the pull its got, SUPER SMOOTH and very easy. I like it better then my RTC lever.

nacs400ex
03-04-2004, 07:38 PM
sorry, just looking at the pic again. Can you not move the lever over more? or is it as far to the right already?

dirtmomma
03-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Ron suggested that you move the starter switch box to the OTHER side of the lever???? Sounds like it might work to me;)

westcoastmxer
03-04-2004, 08:00 PM
thats j/wut i was fixin to say is to move the light switch to the other side of the lever or u can do wut most racers do and remove the startin and light switch box and somehow remount it.:macho

dirtmomma
03-04-2004, 08:10 PM
I was also thinkin maybe move it to the brake side of the bars??? Don't know if that would work but it'd be worth a try!

ridered03
03-04-2004, 10:00 PM
I dont know how much you use your light, if at all, but i have seen them wired to start just using a dirt bike kill button, doing this would eliminate the stock bulky plastic piece. I have also run in to this same problem on my 450r with the asv lever but i am taking the light switch off!!!:D

nacs400ex
03-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Yea, try putting the starter/light switch on the other side. :confused:

Fast350ex
03-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Yeah, that would work, i've tried it before, it's really easy. There's 2 screws in the back of the plastic box thingy, just unscrew them. there is two pieces to it.

Woodsrider
03-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Ron suggested that you move the starter switch box to the OTHER side of the lever???? Sounds like it might work to me;)

Okay I'll give that a try, later;) Tonight Im guttin drunk with the Mrs:devil: Itse stormin pretty good here(real windy), so were drinkin up the Vodka and the applle schnapps:D and watchin vids:macho :devil:

I just thought I'd better check in before I got too drunk to type;)

redroost85
03-05-2004, 08:28 PM
That's kinda what I did. I got the PEP e-pull clutch lever and took off the box for the lights/starter/kill switch and mounted a CR 250 kill for my starter. No problems and it works great.:)

AC 400 ex 02
03-05-2004, 09:15 PM
I bought an ASV and had the same prob, i didnt like the way it felt for pull either, so i returned it and bought an applied ball bearing, works sweet and pull is great

Woodsrider
03-06-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by AC 400 ex 02
I bought an ASV and had the same prob, i didnt like the way it felt for pull either, so i returned it and bought an applied ball bearing, works sweet and pull is great

Do you have a pic of it? And/or a link to a website? How much was it compared to the ASV?

AC 400 ex 02
03-06-2004, 08:41 AM
I'll get you a pic tonight, it was 50 bucks, the asv cost me 65.

Woodsrider
03-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by AC 400 ex 02
I'll get you a pic tonight, it was 50 bucks, the asv cost me 65.

:eek: $65! Holy chit I paid $85:mad:

nacs400ex
03-06-2004, 11:47 AM
I got one for $50 CDN, No joke. I sure as hell wouldnt have bought it if it were that much :eek:

AC 400 ex 02
03-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Yeah, i got a few discounts:p

RytM1
03-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Soggy, I just looked at mine, and mine does the same thing. I never really payed much attention to it because the rebuild isn't done yet. My lever comes to within about 3/8" of the grip before that nut hits. Mine also looks like the set screw is adjusted out farther than yours, which would bring the lever a little closer too. If that is where you need it adjusted to, try going to a hardware store and finding the same size nut, but one that is shorter.

For example: that nut is 1/2" long, but if only 1/4" of the set screw is actually in the nut, find a nut that is only 1/4" long. This way it will be that much closer to the grip before it hits...if it hits.

If that sounds a little confusing, let me know. I can work up a drawing or something that may make it a little more understandable.

Woodsrider
03-06-2004, 06:01 PM
LOL I understand it. I have actually tried it even with out the set screw in there at all. When I did that, it seemed as though the lever may work. The quad is apart for other things right now and I cant really check the adjustment of it. So I figured Id see what kind of feed back I could get from other owners.

If I cant get it to work to my satisfaction, I'll just take it back and stick with a generic CR lever and perch. I just like the ASV because the retailer I purchased it from will warranty it for as long as you own your machine. (ASV warranty is five years).

dirtmomma
03-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey Soggy, what in the WORLD is that avatar picture???? I may need to go get my glasses hahaha, SOOOOOOOO what are you doing to your quad;)

Woodsrider
03-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hey Soggy, what in the WORLD is that avatar picture???? I may need to go get my glasses hahaha, SOOOOOOOO what are you doing to your quad;)

Its a new sticker I had made today while I was getting an estimat for new graffix for Kaylas Kasea:D

What am I doing to my quad? Not much really...... yet:macho
I'm waiting on some money to come in, then I'm planning on some cool chit. You'll have to wait and see. I aint holdin my breath waiting for the money but I pretty much got most of it spent;)

For now its just maintanence, getting ready for Goldendale.

dirtmomma
03-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Its a new sticker I had made today while I was getting an estimat for new graffix for Kaylas Kasea:D

What am I doing to my quad? Not much really...... yet:macho
I'm waiting on some money to come in, then I'm planning on some cool chit. You'll have to wait and see. I aint holdin my breath waiting for the money but I pretty much got most of it spent;)

For now its just maintanence, getting ready for Goldendale.

OOOO were ya gettin graphics made?? I would LOVE to have some made up are they spendy?? there's a guy on here who said he would make me some up but havne't heard from him yet, I bet she could use a set of blue shock covers huh :D ;)

Woodsrider
03-06-2004, 06:45 PM
You have a PM

EXerHonda400
03-06-2004, 09:52 PM
I got an RTC lever and i love it, it pulls easy and smooth and it is strong. Cost only like $50 from rtclever guy on eBay brand new. Pretty nice. Also look at the review for it at http://www.exriders.com/productreviews/rtclevers.html Just my $.02

400exBro
03-07-2004, 07:06 AM
are they clutch lever you are talking about the forged one or the billet???

i am think about getting the billet with adjust on the fly, it has 5 year warrenty, if they have the same problem i will not be getting them...
does asv have a web site??

Woodsrider
03-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
are they clutch lever you are talking about the forged one or the billet???

i am think about getting the billet with adjust on the fly, it has 5 year warrenty, if they have the same problem i will not be getting them...
does asv have a web site??

This is the billet adjustable one. The forged one adjusts the same way its just cheaper because its forged, so there is no machining.

YamaWarr0121
03-07-2004, 08:57 AM
here ya go, its from my friends z400 probably the same thing as yours

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/pb8dc3aa8d04ed6939eddcd29cc83e31f/f9736480.jpg

Woodsrider
03-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
here ya go, its from my friends z400 probably the same thing as yours

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/pb8dc3aa8d04ed6939eddcd29cc83e31f/f9736480.jpg

Yep, Thats what Dirtmomma was sayin to try. I'm headin out to the garage in a few minutes to try that set up and see if I like it;)
Thanks for the pic