PDA

View Full Version : hate to do this

dn1911
03-03-2004, 07:56 PM
i know the last thing you all want to hear and discuss is another gearing question and most of you have already settled on the 13T front and that was fine. i did that today and it helped but i'm not sure if it was enough. what i'm looking for is anyone that did the same and maybe also went up one or two on the rear also.
i still don't think that i will be able to tractor over some obstacles quite like i'm looking for it to. so has anyone expirimented with more than a -1 front or more than a plus 2 or 3 rear? also did it seem to have a large effect on the top speed?

sorry for another gearing question but i searched and didn't really find an answer to what i was looking for

holeshot19
03-03-2004, 08:07 PM
i have a 14t front and 39 rear this seems to be ok but i have also a duncan pipe and put a 1 1\2 pipe in the top of the air box lid. i tryed 13 before i got a pipe but since i have install the pipe i like how it make power now in the woods

jfboy
03-03-2004, 08:40 PM
I put some 18 tamer out back and it did help some but I do know what you mean by the lack of LOW LOW END.

On my old 400ex I could take off on a wheelie no problem but not with this one.... I was thinking of internal mods that could help out... like a big bore with a lower compression piston maybe... I dunno I guess I'll just wait for the other guys to start modding theirs and then I'lll see.

dn1911
03-03-2004, 08:45 PM
i'm doin the same. mine now has the 13T front but i think i'm going to want more for the rear. i have a white brothers e series slip on for now. not sure how long it will last. but i'm looking for the that tractor like ablity to lug it in frist up and down some tight hills and wash outs with out the thing dying every other one.

jfboy
03-03-2004, 09:16 PM
ha ha !!! Be carefull what you wish for !!!! we asked for a crf450r powered quad and it's what honda built for us :D and were still not happy... well I'm starting to think taht the 400ex is a better WOODS machine and the 450r a better MX or dune machine Before I do any mods to mine I'm gonna see if I get used to it I JUST MIGHT aftre all I had a piped banshee(talk about no low end) and wasnt whining about it :D