PDA

View Full Version : Pipe dyno numbers!!!

330R PowerValve
03-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have their 450R with sparks exhaust dynoed yet? I am really confused, but how can some companies be getting 3 bottom and 5 top (sparks) and LRD be claiming 4 bottom, 5.4 MID and 7 on the top. Even Duncan getting 10 out of the fat boy 4. HMF 7HP. I know there are different diameters and different bends, but that much of a range? Are the Dyno's off or different. Is it possible to get this kind of difference between these pipes. I might see 1HP or so but 5??? Most of the bends look about the same.

jmpulse
03-03-2004, 07:42 PM
They can make the dyno show what ever they want it to show. I have even heard of companies doing other than just exaust mods to get high dyno #'s. Which would be fine if they clearly informed of what they did, but they don't.

psd1
03-04-2004, 05:43 AM
:( Unfortunately it is very easy to manipulate a dyno, some folks do just that!

330R PowerValve
03-04-2004, 06:14 AM
Are all these pipes producing the same power???

2manycrashes
03-04-2004, 05:44 PM
I would say the full exhausts are going to be fairly close. As mentioned before, there are a number of factors that affect the dynos. Anyways, I love the power that mine has, so I recommend the Sparks. :)

oldsandman
03-04-2004, 06:58 PM
From what I've been told by sparks, esr and baldwin all of the pipes will be very close to one another. Their really isn't much you can do to a single cylinder 4 stroke once you open it up. Everybody is going to make them less restrictive, bigger headpipes...

crashsmith
03-07-2004, 10:45 PM
What might be intersting is for trx owners to post their pipe dimensions.
ie. 1.length and diameter of header pipe.
2. length and outer diameter of slip on.
3. length and diameter of inner perforated pipe.
These dimesions will show whether a larger diameter pipe is giving more or less torque versus a smaller diameter.
The different lengths will give similar variations in results.
from here you will be able to see which pipe are almost identical and the purchase on price.
NB! Quality of manufacturing increases costs as well. So if pipe A is identical to pipe B but there is a huge difference in price -the quality of manufacturer "could" be better. Sme manufacturers sell on there name.

sparky450AR
03-08-2004, 11:43 AM
what pipe gives best bottom end torque? and good mid

Bretmd94
03-08-2004, 12:24 PM
really the only dyno numbers you can trust when comparing pipes is if they are all dynoed on the same dyno, on the same bike, on the same elevation, in the same temperature. And even then the only thing you should be concerned with is jsut comparing which pipe produces the most.

I will put my money on sparks having the most power. It doesnt have much restriction at all. The head pipe is huge, theres no spark arrestor, its pretty much a straight pipe. But its loud. They have quieter versions of the pipe but you lose hp. I am loving mine. I can take out stock banshees with any pipes and k&n's easy. I came close to beating one with head work, vforce reeds, pipes etc. It was great. And all i have is exhaust and sparks filter kit.