PDA

View Full Version : HMF or Sparks X-6

FBRacing76
03-03-2004, 07:00 PM
I am looking to get a new Full system on my 400ex an was wondering what I should get. Can anyone tell me how HMF and the Sparks X-6 compare? I'm really leaning to HMF because of the price because of it being a site sponsor.

400ex#18
03-03-2004, 07:07 PM
as of now, i have HMF, and it works fantastic. But i don't know anything about the sparks on except it is a motor builder's pipe so it will prolly do more in HP wise, even though not much.

pnut420
03-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Ive tried both and powerwise I like the Sparks a little more, but the quality of the HMF is awesome and is you can get a deal on one then go with that. I have a Sparks on myself, but my brother has the HMF, the HMF is a little quieter. I tried the HMF and Sparks on a stock bore with a FCR39mm, but di not try the HMF on my 426, I used the Sparks so cant say whick one would be better there. The HMF has a bigger headpipe so with porting and the larger bore the HMF might pick up some power.

northeast400
03-03-2004, 07:32 PM
i used 4 different pipes on my quad before i got my HMF. I love the pipe. mid to top end is real strong. :macho

400ex#18
03-03-2004, 07:41 PM
see i have only run three different full exausts...1st: DG Excellerator, and i only got to ride it for like a day, then that 400 was stolen...2nd: LRD, and i liked it, but even though they are suposed to be good, they are very very poorly made!...3rd: HMF, no complaints, all i can say is i like it, and the only thing wrong after a full race season with it is a little bit of paint chipping.

brandonpeake
03-04-2004, 08:08 AM
i had the same question i was looking at x-6 or hmf but im going with the bill ballance carbon fiber edition from hmf, call C&D they can hook u up with either pipe

bigtime
03-05-2004, 05:18 PM
If you plan on doing more mods to your engine i would go with the sparks x-6. I have had one on my bike for around 2 years and its still in good shape. Its also very loud.

Matt756
03-05-2004, 06:21 PM
hmf is my choice although never had a sparks

nofearhonda
03-05-2004, 06:31 PM
i just got my hmf today and all i can say is WOW. man this thing is awsome. i use to have the fmf powerbomb w/ power core 4. and the hmf kick its but. but as far as the sparks goes im not sure.

shaun

Dave400ex
03-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Brandon let me know how you like the Ballance pipe. Also get some pictures, I have yet to find any with it on a 400.

brandonpeake
03-08-2004, 07:33 AM
hey nofearhonda lets see soome pics of ur bike with that white frame?

yeah dave when i get it i will but it will br a little while im getting a 416 kit from gt thunder before that so im amost there with the cash for the kit

TORO1968
03-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by pnut420
Ive tried both and powerwise I like the Sparks a little more, but the quality of the HMF is awesome and is you can get a deal on one then go with that. I have a Sparks on myself, but my brother has the HMF, the HMF is a little quieter. I tried the HMF and Sparks on a stock bore with a FCR39mm, but di not try the HMF on my 426, I used the Sparks so cant say whick one would be better there. The HMF has a bigger headpipe so with porting and the larger bore the HMF might pick up some power.

How did the HMF do with the FCR on the stock bore engine? I'm considering doing this...I know the Sparks works pretty well on a stock engine with the 39mm FCR, but i wasnt sure if it would work as well with the HMF.

I'm going with the Ballance Pro Series as well...should be sweet! :D

-Jordan

pnut420
03-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by TORO1968
How did the HMF do with the FCR on the stock bore engine? I'm considering doing this...I know the Sparks works pretty well on a stock engine with the 39mm FCR, but i wasnt sure if it would work as well with the HMF.

I'm going with the Ballance Pro Series as well...should be sweet! :D

-Jordan

It should be pretty close, the X-6 seems to work a little better powerwise, but the HMF bolts up alot better and is twice as strong. My brother crashed this weekend and the whole endcap was full of dirt and took a hard hit and it didnt even hurt the mounts or anything, I think my X-6 would have been a little busted up. The Ballance pipe should be sweet!