PDA

View Full Version : help!! quick!!

Warrioreater400ex
03-04-2002, 03:53 PM
help, a guy is coming to look at my 300ex in the next couple of days, and this might sound kinda dumb, but it isnt starting good. im pretty sure the battery is wasted, because it just clicks, so i have to use a 12v powerpack (like jumper cables), and then it still takes forever to start. but i just got the top end redone on it, and the guy said that once i had it broken in, to bring it back to him and hewould adjust the valves. is the reason it isnt starting mainly because the valves need adjusting? and what kind of batteries do yall get. ive had several yuasa's die quickly on me... any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

mikeboone
03-06-2002, 05:29 PM
The valve need adjusting would not affect starting. Check wal mart for a replacement battery--may be cheaper than dealer. I would do this before I tried to sell the bike. Point out the fine points of your ride; such as the brand new battery.

03-12-2002, 01:53 PM
it actually could be the valves. My friend had the same problem. And i also saw a website on this before. It said that if an electric start quad has trouble starting the valves need adjusting. But there is a chance that it is the battery.

Scott
03-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Also check the electrical connections. My buddy had this take him out of a race, stalled it, it wouldn't refire. Turns out it was just a conection that came loose during the race. Follow the pos cable from the battery and check the connections.