PDA

View Full Version : Just Recently Purchased a 400ex...

oDDBaLL66
03-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Just recently I had purchased a 2003 400ex and finally saved up some money to put into it. I want to work on performance but I have no idea where to start or what to get. Should I start on exhaust, filters, gears...? Any imputs to help me out would be greatly appreciated. Im retarted when it comes to stuff like this...I just love speed ;)
Thank You for any help / imputs
:devil: oDDBaLL:devil:

300exOH
03-03-2004, 06:07 PM
The best thing you could do is upgrade the suspension. No other mod will make you faster. Then I would say a slip on exhaust would be good too. Good luck.

And welcome to the site!

oDDBaLL66
03-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey thanks Man, any sugges. on what type of slip-ons? I was just looking through the site and I heard people talking about Pro-Circuit T-4, HMF, And White Bros.... any suggestions on these?

300exOH
03-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Almost everyone on here will say HMF is best but all of the ones you mentioned are good. Just avoid Cobra and DG and you'll be fine. HMF seems to offer the best quality/gain for the money and they sound good too.:devil:

oDDBaLL66
03-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Hey thanks 300, your the only one who seems to care. I guess I will be going with either the HMF or t-4.
BTW do you have any advice on what suspension i should be looking for an adverage price range

300exOH
03-05-2004, 06:56 PM
It kind of depends on your budget but the best for the money would probably be Burgard a arms with Elka's. If you're on a tighter budget you could go with Works instead of the Elka's.

Glad I could be of help. I try to help when I can though I'm no expert. I like to give advice to others on the site since they've been so helpful to me.:D

Good luck!
Scott

Rdhanded2
03-12-2004, 07:43 AM
dirt wheels mag did a slip on exhaust test where they compare a ton of pipes on the 400ex. Their said the White bros E series was their favorite. This was a side by side comparison with a ton of pipes.