PDA

View Full Version : LBZfreestyler makes it to State Wrestling in Minnesota

DVS_Freestyler
03-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Derek made it to State wrestling in Minnesota as Team "Wabasso" and as an Individual wrestler. (130 pounds) Wired and Shift DVS will be there cheering their little brother on! If any exriders members are around, stop and say Hi! Just look for the Maroon and Gold!!!! "Go Rabbits!!" Go Derek and Good Luck!!!!:D

Tainted Glory
03-03-2004, 01:24 PM
nice, two of my good friends and team mates won divisions two days ago, going to states. im gonna go and watch. im a freshman and wrestled JV, so no state contention this year. didnt know you guys wrestled. btw i wrestle at 145

DVS_Freestyler
03-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Forgot to mention the times. Wabasso wrestles Team at 10:15 this Thursday, against New York Mills. Friday at 1:30 for second round. Individuals begin at 1:30 Thusday. Go derek!!!

Proud Momma:D

cody anderson
03-03-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm pickin up the bros in a few hours... I'll keep them out of trouble tonight...

roostin_dale
03-03-2004, 02:40 PM
congrats man!;) good luck!

wilkin250r
03-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Making it to State in Minnesota is a big deal. Wrestling is much more popular in the midwest than on the coasts. I made it to State in Nevada when I went to high school, but that's not saying all that much...

Juggalo
03-03-2004, 03:28 PM
congrats dude! i wish i could be a bad *** like that!

03-03-2004, 03:54 PM
i wrestle to..im goin to ohio!

03-03-2004, 03:56 PM
football is my main sport but racing around on quads is just to much fun

Tainted Glory
03-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Overkillkfx400
football is my main sport but racing around on quads is just to much fun

not too sounds like a prick, but football is nothing compared to wrestling. coming from me, i played football in the spring and wrestle in the winter. well, actually, i just joined an all year wrestling program. freshman years, this year, in HS is the first year i ever wrestled. guess im pretty good. god, i still remember that 1st practice-i dyed and went to hell it seemed. get some pics at the match-im dying to see how wrestling is out west.

JTRtrx250r
03-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Kick some butt Dewey!!!:macho :D :cool:

MXcutie
03-04-2004, 07:34 AM
GOOD LUCK! I know it's a big deal around here if you make it outta districts! and its rare if you amke it to states! so good luck1

wilkin250r
03-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Tainted Glory
not too sounds like a prick, but football is nothing compared to wrestling. coming from me, i played football in the spring and wrestle in the winter. well, actually, i just joined an all year wrestling program. freshman years, this year, in HS is the first year i ever wrestled. guess im pretty good. god, i still remember that 1st practice-i dyed and went to hell it seemed. get some pics at the match-im dying to see how wrestling is out west.

It depends on the football program, but generally I agree with you. I did both, and excelled at both, and wrestling was much harder than football.

Crazy4bluEx
03-04-2004, 05:19 PM
football & wrestling conditioning is about the same here! actually its all done in the same facility most of the time.... except the football team sometimes runs outside, and does play drills...

never wrestled....dont like the competitors
little bit too cocky for me:o

all the football players seem to wanna have fun, and stay in shape.... so i respect that.

redrider69
03-04-2004, 06:15 PM
yea i f***ked up this year i was one ath away i was in the semis winning 10-2 and did something stupid and got pinned and then in the consilaions(sp) i got hurt and pussied out and lost im pissed but im only a freshman and have many years to go

stupid driver
03-04-2004, 07:06 PM
good luck dude. I love this sport. i was at 112 this year, one match away from state. I am so burnt out that i lost right now, i ended up just goin to state and watching. Ive never been so motivated to train harder now.

DVS_Freestyler
03-07-2004, 08:41 AM
A long weekend but very exciting one!!! The Wabasso Rabbits were in the Championship for Class A against Pierz. But lost 28-24. Very hard fought match and they gave it all they had! Derek should have had a pin but time ran out, and won this one 11-2.

Individually, Derek met up with Blake Bristle from Frazee. Lost 3-2. Bristle eventually took 3rd place at 130 at the State Tourney.

I commend all you Wrestlers out there for all your hard work, dedication and sacrafice you put into this sport. It's not easy but it teaches you so many valuable lessions. I am so proud of Derek and i see him as a true Champion!!!!!!

Good luck to all you Wrestlers out there next year! "Go get 'em!"