PDA

View Full Version : GNCC stock class

brandonpeake
03-03-2004, 09:01 AM
ive never ran a gncc and was thinking about setting up my quad for the stock class but ive heard this is one of the most competitive classes? not that im scared of some competition, make it more fun and means more when u win , but would just like some input
thanks guys

Wingnut
03-03-2004, 09:44 AM
I don't think it's as competative as it has been in the past, at least not so far this year. The winners of the first two rounds were runners up in "C" classes last year. I know some people stayed away from Texas because of the drive and Florida just because it's Florida. So, I don't think we will really know how competative it will be this year until after Steele Creek. Go for it if you want to, but I'd give a C class a try first.

brandonpeake
03-03-2004, 10:25 AM
ok ive raced harescrambles before in the midsouth circuit and at some local races i race b class in that right now but , i like the level playing field the stock class looks like it could provide , so i was just looking for some opinions
thanks guys

xcyfz450
03-03-2004, 11:41 AM
what do you mean you dont think there is no competition there any more just beacause the two winners so far have been runners up in the c class from the year before im personaly good friends with jesse way who took third overall he is a damn good rider last year was his second year racing thats y he was in the c class now hes working his way up through the ranks plus u have todd krupinski who ran that race in texas and brian vasko both of which are exceptional riders i cant wait to compete against them once my hand is out of the cast its in i raced 4 stoke stock back in 99 vs greg trew best racing i have ever done and i cant wait to do it again

brandonpeake
03-03-2004, 12:00 PM
yeah i was under the impression that it was one of the toughest classes out there

greghall
03-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
ive never ran a gncc and was thinking about setting up my quad for the stock class but ive heard this is one of the most competitive classes? not that im scared of some competition, make it more fun and means more when u win , but would just like some input
thanks guys stock class is tough just because a guy races c class dosent mean hes slow,those guys who finish in the top overall are very FAST dont be fooled.If I were you I would race the C class to begin with you may be fast a your local HS's but you will find out that it dont mean much at a GNCC.

Wingnut
03-03-2004, 12:36 PM
I didn't say there was no competition! That would be putting myself down. I just feel that in the past it had a lot of A level tallent, and this year, so far, it doesn't. Look up the laptimes from this year and last year. Last year they were close to the A class times this year they are closer to B class times.

greghall
03-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Yeah I know most of the top guys are A riders in there district it does look like the times are alittle slower but florida was a muddy mess & anything can happen in the mudd.Im going to race the 33+ class there back five or more min. back from the other c classes.

Bart
03-03-2004, 02:59 PM
According to the updated rules, if you run B locally, you can NOT run C at the GNCC's...

cletusEX
03-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Yeah but what about the district's that don't have a C class. i race d-7 B class only becuase that is the lowest class we have. does that mean that I have to race B class when i go to a national race. that rule makes no sense. some district's are faster than others.

jesse way also races d-7 and the only reason he finished runner up last year in the C class was his bike kept breaking down on him. now he is on a new 450r so i expect great things from him!

indygncc
03-03-2004, 08:31 PM
I agree with Wingnut, most of the classes dont start getting stacked till Steele Creek. If I dont get my KFX all in tune by Steele Creek I may ride my brothers YFZ in stock just to see what its like on a race ready machine for once. I look for Harlen to start getting some good finsishes b/c I know last year he was running 100% better than he has the first two rounds, just a matter of time. And whoever thinks that just b/c someone ran C class the previous year means they arent good needs to get a clue. All the front runners in each class are fast! Look at Josh Ribley one of my good friends, he ran C 2 years ago, 2nd in Open A for 03' finished 3rd in Pro Am in Florida! He is definately someone that will be a top ten Pro in the next few years. He was also on a 400EX!

greghall
03-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
Yeah but what about the district's that don't have a C class. i race d-7 B class only becuase that is the lowest class we have. does that mean that I have to race B class when i go to a national race. that rule makes no sense. some district's are faster than others.

jesse way also races d-7 and the only reason he finished runner up last year in the C class was his bike kept breaking down on him. now he is on a new 450r so i expect great things from him! I raced with Jesse for years he has really picked it up yeah he did have alot of bike proplems but he got & EX & really improved cant wait to test my speed against those guys at Budds soon to see how much Ive lost.

cletusEX
03-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Yeah all those guys who come up with Jesse are good guys. There usually is a good group of guys at D-7 races. Looking forward to meeting some more this year.

cjpoole1
03-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by greghall
you may be fast a your local HS's but you will find out that it dont mean much at a GNCC.
From what I hear the mid-south's are tougher than GNCC's:)

Michael18
03-03-2004, 10:01 PM
I would have to disagree with the mid souths are tougher then the GNCC. if you look at some of the mid south results the man too beat has been rickie davis, he is running 265A in the gncc he has had 2 pretty good races and has been in the top 25 overall but hasnt cracked the top 10 overall. Not taking anything away from him he is very fast i look for him to get in the top ten pretty soon, when he gets used to the gncc tracks. the mid south tracks are alot tighter and more technical then the gncc.

gump
03-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
I didn't say there was no competition! That would be putting myself down. I just feel that in the past it had a lot of A level tallent, and this year, so far, it doesn't. Look up the laptimes from this year and last year. Last year they were close to the A class times this year they are closer to B class times. wingnut "will" you know your to fast to be riding in the mornings.. you brian carswell, harlen foley and a bunch of others should be riding at 1 oclock with the other fast people.. but that's just my opinion. i' just started racing last year and love it, but it just aint right when you sign up for c class and have to race pros and a riders from other series.. but i know yall are running for points and that's cool.. look forward to being lapped by ya this year AGAIN!!!:D

brandonpeake
03-04-2004, 07:02 AM
thanks guys i appreciate the help i think i still want to give stock class a shot, i wish i could get another quad just for stock class but not yet

indygncc
03-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Gump- Nobody is to fast to be riding in the morning race. Anyone is allowed in stock class, heck Bill B could run the class if he wanted. Its a good thing that there are some really good riders still in the morning race. The frontrunners in the morning can hold their own with all the afternoon guys until you start getting in the top ten. Thats from my experience riding in the morning and riding with top afternoon class racers. Stephanie and Traci could place top 5 in either A class with ease.

Admin
03-04-2004, 09:22 AM
I have to agree the Stock Class is an Open Class with a broad range of talent. It is the only class that I could race in because I need to take photographs in the Afternoon. I haven't had a great two races, but I am just happy that I finished them after all of the problems that I have encountered.

I expect Georgia to have a huge turnout in the morning will maybe almost 300 racers in the AM alone, and I look forward to seeing everyone There!

brandonpeake
03-04-2004, 09:27 AM
thanks for the input guys, i like how it limits the mods on the bike to make for a more level playing field, in a way but yeah i think i want to try it out,
auctually the z400 buildup by harlan made me interested in the stock class and ive been reading up on it lately, i just think i need something besides my 400ex for it!

gump
03-04-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
thanks guys i appreciate the help i think i still want to give stock class a shot, i wish i could get another quad just for stock class but not yet point well taken.. what i really meant, was there are some really fast people getting into the c classes, sorry for the ranting and raving,:(

gump
03-04-2004, 09:33 AM
that last post was for indygncc... ooppss