PDA

View Full Version : Nic Granlund Suffers severe injuries

jcv400ex
03-03-2004, 07:42 AM
Guys,

read this in another forum. Here is the report from Carl Moore of ACE Racing. join me in wishing Nic (screen name is NGR in here) a speedy recovery!!!

this past weekend in during the Adelanto Gran Prix nic granlund suffered severe injuries during his pro race. from what i have been told he was in a crash involving as much as 6 quads. the injuries include a broken neck (he is thankfully NOT paralized) a fractured eye socket and a broken collar bone.we are speculating he was ran over by at leaste one quad. he currently at Arrowhead hospital in California.Thankfully he is expected to be fine, but out of the racing scene for quite a while. i invite you to pray for a quick recovery for nic. i know he would appriciate the support. i will update you guys as soon as i find more out..

C.J. Moore

ACE Racing

And here is an updated post from Carl:

well i found out today he is being released to go home i think today. the doctors were concidering putting him in a HALO (ouch) but after some flexibility test they concluded he would just be in a neck brace...

YLW400
03-03-2004, 07:46 AM
:( I wish him a speedy recovery....

03-03-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by YLW400

:(

dirtmomma
03-03-2004, 08:21 AM
DITTO Wish you a speedy recovery Nick :(

400exmom
03-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
DITTO Wish you a speedy recovery Nick :( me too:(

400grl
03-03-2004, 08:51 AM
We wish Nick a speedy recovery and thank God it wasn't any worse........!!! Keep us posted on how he's doing!! This is a crazy sport, people.......we must be crazy for loving it as much as we do!!!

norrisboat
03-03-2004, 10:27 AM
wow... I always feared what would happen to a quad if it ran into him. Hes a big boy. I never thought the quad would take him out.:D

Well that sucks considering the season just started.

jlhughes750
03-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Hang in there big Nic!!! We'll keep u in our prayers!!!
You've always been an insiration to me!! Get well soon.

The Hughes'

easman31
03-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Nick I used to race Mickeys back in the 1992-93. I met you through my friend Charlie Shepherd. I can relate of what you are going through. October of 2002 i fractured my back in 5 spots , as well as many other injuries. Keep your chin up and dont let your self get down"depressed" You will get better. Get well soon....

Zp909ix
03-03-2004, 07:36 PM
I heard he went home today.
Fractured skull, fractured eye socket, broken collar bone, 3 broken ribs, and a fractured T11. A blow like that would have killed most mortals. Someone has definitely got his hands on the Big Sweed.

seven
03-03-2004, 08:13 PM
I am guessing he wont be here in 2weeks for quad wars. Get well.

Pappy
03-03-2004, 08:57 PM
looking forward to seeing you pull thru this and dropping the hammer yet again:macho

250rpilot
03-03-2004, 09:26 PM
get well soon!

toby400ex
03-04-2004, 07:25 AM
Its very sad to hear this, I wish him a speedy recovery.:(

JTRtrx250r
03-04-2004, 10:31 AM
sorry to hear, get well and keep a postive attitude Nic, we're pullin' for ya:(

CaliQuadRcr
03-04-2004, 11:18 AM
I was in second and was the first to hit the ditch and crash and Darrell Patton was in third and also crashed. From what I understand I think Nic was in third and got hung up on one of our quads and when he got off his quad to untangle his he was hit by someone.

seven
03-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by CaliQuadRcr
I was in second and was the first to hit the ditch and crash and Darrell Patton was in third and also crashed. From what I understand I think Nic was in third and got hung up on one of our quads and when he got off his quad to untangle his he was hit by someone.

Is this JD??

redroost85
03-04-2004, 05:01 PM
Stay strong Nic. We're thinking about you brother.:)

lol
03-05-2004, 07:04 AM
that is horrible:( Nic, recover fast, the sport needs u!

NGR
03-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Wow! What can I say. Thank so very much for all of your concerns and prayers. We are very very lucky. This was an unfortunate accident. We all know how dangerous this sport can yet this was denfintly a freak accident. The kid that hit him is #6 and he looked at me on Sunday and told me yet I did not get his name. If anybody knows who he is please let him know he is not at fault. Racing is Racing. We would just like to talk to him!

As far as Nic. We again are very blessed. He has a broken neck (again not paralized) of which he will be in a C-collar for a while. We will see the nerosugeon on Monday. He has a snapped left collar bone and separated right shoulder. Three broken ribs. And a fractured left eye socket (no injury to the eye :) And a fractured T11 in his spine and a bruised right hip (along with ever other part of his body brusies).

For anybody that has thought twice about not wearing a helmet I would like for you to see Nics. It is destroyed. It looks like it was dropped on a freeway and ran over by a semi. The mouth piece is cracked on both sides. The Visor is completley ripped and the shell is split in three pieces! So please always wear you helmet!

We would like to say a special thanks to Greg and Jamie Stuart and their friends from the IE. They never left our side and they got me to the hospital to be with Nic and they even brought us home safe.

I would personally like to thank Darrel Patton for holding my husband when I could not be there.

And to Carl and his family for the support of getting everything home for us and the calls of continued concern.

I would like everybody to realize that we are all truly one big family in this sport and this is a story that proves that!

Thanks again

Taci Granlund

Pappy
03-05-2004, 05:37 PM
thanks for the update. please keep us posted on his recovery

300exOH
03-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery. I hate to see anyone get hurt doing something so fun. Get well.

AtvMxRider
03-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
thanks for the update. please keep us posted on his recovery

CaliQuadRcr
03-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey Taci,

This is Sage I was the one who you talked to during the race (number 6) but I wasnt the one who hit Nic. I was in second and was the first one to hit the ditch and crash. I will give Nic a call sometime next week.

Sage Baker

NGR
03-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Sage,

I thought that was you but I knew that you were ahead of Nic. I am so sorry if I misinformed anybody that it was #6 that hit Nic.

I was just trying to find out because I dont want anybody including you thinking that this was anybodys fault. Racing is Racing and you have to take the good and the bad. I just would like to know how Nic was hit and we just keep trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together!

But we may never know! Thanks for all you good thoughts and please call Nic when you get a chance. He can not remember anything and any little bit of info will help!

Thanks
Taci

infantry317
03-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Get well soon Nic! No one likes to hear about guys getting hurt in a sport we all love so much.:(

QuadJunkies
03-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Get well Nick.....;)

Shawn H
03-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news.
hope you get well soon and recover 110%.Prayers are with ya man.

03-08-2004, 12:12 PM
dang, get well soon!!

SGA
03-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Hmm, now you get to lay up in bed and watch soaps all day!;)
Hope you get well soon Nic. SGA

diangelo#67
03-08-2004, 04:48 PM
best wishes and speedy recovery

Admin
03-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed about Nic's recovery.

Davids440ex
03-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by NGR
Wow! What can I say. Thank so very much for all of your concerns and prayers. We are very very lucky. This was an unfortunate accident. We all know how dangerous this sport can yet this was denfintly a freak accident. The kid that hit him is #6 and he looked at me on Sunday and told me yet I did not get his name. If anybody knows who he is please let him know he is not at fault. Racing is Racing. We would just like to talk to him!

As far as Nic. We again are very blessed. He has a broken neck (again not paralized) of which he will be in a C-collar for a while. We will see the nerosugeon on Monday. He has a snapped left collar bone and separated right shoulder. Three broken ribs. And a fractured left eye socket (no injury to the eye :) And a fractured T11 in his spine and a bruised right hip (along with ever other part of his body brusies).

For anybody that has thought twice about not wearing a helmet I would like for you to see Nics. It is destroyed. It looks like it was dropped on a freeway and ran over by a semi. The mouth piece is cracked on both sides. The Visor is completley ripped and the shell is split in three pieces! So please always wear you helmet!

We would like to say a special thanks to Greg and Jamie Stuart and their friends from the IE. They never left our side and they got me to the hospital to be with Nic and they even brought us home safe.

I would personally like to thank Darrel Patton for holding my husband when I could not be there.

And to Carl and his family for the support of getting everything home for us and the calls of continued concern.

I would like everybody to realize that we are all truly one big family in this sport and this is a story that proves that!

Thanks again

Taci Granlund

Hey Taci,
its dave, taylor told me the day after it happened, i hope nic gets well soon.... and he better come back it woulndt be the same with him missing from the shows and the races.

well taci and nic i will talk to you guys later.

rollie
03-12-2004, 09:20 PM

hondafreestyler
03-13-2004, 09:23 PM
he is in my prayers .... :(

get well soon Nick

Ryan
03-14-2004, 03:51 PM