PDA

View Full Version : input apreciated 300ex

bentaxle420
03-03-2004, 12:16 AM
i recently posted a thread asking if my motor possibly locked up after an incident (not fully responsible ) anyways motor makes a screaching noise noise , as if metal is rubbing , that is after 2 or 3
cranks it still cranks over does this realy mean itsl locked up ???
or just possible rebuild ???? guys need serious input would be gratly apreciated im going to try to start tommorow fill with oil again and put new plug in hopefully starts i know its not locked and will still rebuild top end http://

bradley300
03-03-2004, 07:55 AM
i remeber that post, you need a new topend , weather its locked up or not, the rings have been rubbing directly against the cylinder, so there wore out. you can probably get by w/ just a hone on the cyl. tho, but you wont know until its all apart

dirtmomma
03-03-2004, 08:03 AM
OH my it doesn't sound good thats for sure I dont' think I would be starting it again you will just do more damage!! tear it down & get some parts!!;)

RideRedEX
03-03-2004, 08:07 AM
go ahead and tear it down. if you know something is wrong with it then there is no use tryin to start it. take it apart and find the problem

redrunner
03-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
OH my it doesn't sound good thats for sure I dont' think I would be starting it again you will just do more damage!! tear it down & get some parts!!;)

bentaxle420
03-03-2004, 09:38 PM
thanks for the input guys , started it today , by push starting it
i think battery was low thats why it would not start , anyways would not stay running unless i throttle it , however ran up and down block and sounds like it has top end damage cause i can hear slapping on top end , and after i shut it off i tryed to crank start it and it sounded like the rings are scorching against wall , i think im going to rebuild top end and throw a 330 kit ( bad situations can always lead to a brighter end ) this will be costly since my future expenses consisted of an exteneded axle

dirtmomma
03-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by bentaxle420
thanks for the input guys , started it today , by push starting it
i think battery was low thats why it would not start , anyways would not stay running unless i throttle it , however ran up and down block and sounds like it has top end damage cause i can hear slapping on top end , and after i shut it off i tryed to crank start it and it sounded like the rings are scorching against wall , i think im going to rebuild top end and throw a 330 kit ( bad situations can always lead to a brighter end ) this will be costly since my future expenses consisted of an exteneded axle

Guess you don't listen very well do ya :rolleyes: Have fun it'll probably cost you more now OH well it's your $$ honey!!!

bentaxle420
03-03-2004, 11:19 PM
sorry mama had to start was killing me anyways im tearing down for top end rebuild

Aceman
03-04-2004, 07:29 AM
I bet your going to need more than a top end rebuild. Your motor had no oil and overheated. I bet you will be replacing your bearings also. Look at your crank and rod for any blueing on them, that means they were overheated. Check your cam and rockers for scoring.

bentaxle420
03-04-2004, 12:00 PM
im going to call pro fab and see what they tell me , quad still had some oil in it though was very low, going to do a 330 kit