PDA

View Full Version : Barry Hawk

Michael18
03-02-2004, 10:28 PM
How about 7 time GNCC Quad champion and defeding GNCC bike champ Barry Hawk, starting off the year the way he ended it last year, on the podium. the first 2 rounds with a 3 and a 1, not to bad.

yamblaster200
03-03-2004, 09:27 AM
I'd still love to see him come back out on a quad and tear it up. I never got a chance to see him cuz racing wasn't on tv back then...but he was beating smiley ballance and yokely and guys like that every weekend. He dominated them...and i think it'd be awsome to see him ride.

markk
03-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I also think what would be awsome!
But i dont know if he would dominate, there is a huge change from a bike to a quad, (but i have heard u never forget how to ride) Anyways, that would be awsome! I just dont know if he would still have it in him, cuz all this time he is on that bike Ballance has been practicing and charging ahead with the lead race after race, and the Tech that all of the newer quads have are amazing. Things have changed so much in just the last couple of years that i would pay to watch that race on TV!!

Bonnie Cook
03-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Randy Hawkins almost fulfilled the bet he and Barry made that is Barry won the Championship, he would race quad. As I was walking through the am starting field, Randy was dressed in his MSR gear aboard the Yamaha. Unfortunately, I went to the Yamaha pits after the start, before Parton made the first lap and Randy was in the trailer, came out with blue jeans and a t-shirt on....
DARN

Gncc561
03-03-2004, 09:41 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Barry still practices some on a quad.......

Rrider07
03-12-2004, 06:48 PM
yes he was in dirt wheels when the yfz first came out, he was testing it.

popo
03-13-2004, 04:34 AM
I got my money on Bill.

03-13-2004, 01:34 PM
hes flying
as much as i love to watch gnc atv i love to watch gncc BIKE racing alot more
summers is back and in action
god love him

Bill Fuller
03-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Barry can still ride he is a natural!I would love to see him whoop up on Ballance.

03-13-2004, 05:21 PM
I think a mechanical problem is the ONLY thing that would determine the outcome of them too boyz rippen it up on a track..:macho

Bill Fuller
03-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Barry Hawk:muscle: Like King Kong

03-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Barry Hawk:muscle: Like King Kong

yeah and Bill would be the police that shot the king down....:eek:

Fred55
03-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Rico
yeah and Bill would be the police that shot the king down....:eek:

Um , isnt Popo the cop around here?! :p

RIDER11X
03-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by popo
I got my money on Bill.

Sorry, Ballance never ran the show until Barry changed over to bikes full time. I was at those races back then, Ballance was yesterday's Smiley, always #2.:devil:

Ryan
03-13-2004, 11:37 PM
I got my money on Bill. '

Gonna halfta agree with poopoo :macho :blah: :o

RIDER11X
03-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
'

Gonna halfta agree with poopoo :macho :blah: :o

Kind of funny, Barry Hawk was a key part in designing the quad that Bill wins on.:p

Besides, we all know that Pennsylvania riders are the fastest guys in the woods anyway.........................:devil:

popo
03-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Sorry, Ballance never ran the show until Barry changed over to bikes full time. I was at those races back then, Ballance was yesterday's Smiley, always #2.:devil:

But Bill was still wet behind the ears back than too. And giving Barry a run for his money.

There's allot of fire in Bill , I even think Yokley would beat Hawk.

03-14-2004, 12:18 PM
But Bill was still wet behind the ears back than too. And giving Barry a run for his money.

There's allot of fire in Bill , I even think Yokley would beat Hawk.

I agree.

That wast then and this is now. I would have to say that Bill has grown a lot over the last few years..

dhines
03-15-2004, 07:07 AM
You boys is nuts! Things have changed and "there's a lot of fire in Bill?" Did I miss something or did Barry not move from quads to bikes and WIN the bike title??!!! :eek: Do you guys think the bikes are just out there for a leisurely stroll around the track? If anything the bike are more competitive than the ATV's. Many more bike GNCC racers ride on a full-time basis with the benefit of factory sponsorships.

I'm gonna have to say that my money would be on Hawk - hands down. :macho

03-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by dhines

When did you get some money:confused:

Pappy
03-15-2004, 08:41 AM
sounds like match race time:o

dhines
03-15-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Rico
When did you get some money:confused:

Taco gave me a loan. :blah:

RIDER11X
03-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by dhines
You boys is nuts! Things have changed and "there's a lot of fire in Bill?" Did I miss something or did Barry not move from quads to bikes and WIN the bike title??!!! :eek: Do you guys think the bikes are just out there for a leisurely stroll around the track? If anything the bike are more competitive than the ATV's. Many more bike GNCC racers ride on a full-time basis with the benefit of factory sponsorships.

Well said! Not saying it wouldn't be an insanely close race, as they used to be alot of tire and nerf bar rubbing going on. But somehow Hawk would pull off alot of wins. They are both very strategic and calculated riders, as they have been winning long enough to know the recipe for success all too well. :cool:

Richie
03-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Hawk would put a hurtn on Ballance

popo
03-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Richie
Hawk would put a hurtn on Ballance

How much would you be willing to bet on that?

I don't ever see the race between the two ever happening.

Thorsdad
03-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Hawk was fast on tight tracks not like the wide open 4 lane highways of today. It would be a good race, put it on an old style track and I would bet on the Hawk. Bill is real good but the Hawk was great.:macho