PDA

View Full Version : Seems like a scam HELP

Black400
03-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Ok i received this email http://mymail.cableone.net/reademail.pl?id=1&folder=Inbox today and it seems like something is fishy about it... especially that it doesnt take me to a https just to an http when i enter my info... Please help me i dont want to give my info away and i dont want my account closed.
Thanks

JDiablo
03-02-2004, 05:55 PM
huh>?

Black400
03-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
huh>? Whats to question... are you not intellegent enough to read?

JDiablo
03-02-2004, 05:58 PM
no sry black,my computer is stupid sometimes,it didn't show the link the first time,but i tried it the second time and it says session timed out or something

Black400
03-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
no sry black,my computer is stupid sometimes,it didn't show the link the first time,but i tried it the second time and it says session timed out or something lol its cool Its just these kinda emails scare me especially with all the people getting ripped. Any help appreciated.

JDiablo
03-02-2004, 06:02 PM
yea delete it,lol if something sounds fishy screw it and delete it.

03-02-2004, 06:04 PM
yea dude if something in an email doesnt sound right just delete it.. if it is important you will get another email being like wtf how come you didnt do it ...:o

Chef
03-02-2004, 06:05 PM
You can't link other peoplle to your inbox. You need to copy/paste the email.

Black400
03-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by member
yea dude if something in an email doesnt sound right just delete it.. if it is important you will get another email being like wtf how come you didnt do it ...:o Because i dont want me ebay account closed... heres the email... ***Urgent Safeharbor Department Notice***

Fraud Alert ID : ********

You have recieve this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids at eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter. To help speed up this process, you are require to verify your eBay account by following the link below.

http://scgi.ebay.com/verify_id=ebay&user=00626654

Please save this fraud alert id for your reference.

Please Note - If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and will be cancelled. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

LTandRaptorider
03-02-2004, 06:19 PM
You're right about noticing it wasn't a secure website. That is a scam that has been going around for some time, to get people to give up account info. Contact ebay if you want just to verify.

Black400
03-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
You're right about noticing it wasn't a secure website. That is a scam that has been going around for some time, to get people to give up account info. Contact ebay if you want just to verify. Thanks i have seen other email scams like this one but not exactly like it.. Thanks.

LTandRaptorider
03-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Black400
Thanks i have seen other email scams like this one but not exactly like it.. Thanks.

No prob... really pisses me off the scumbags out there running their scams. Anytime something seems fishy, usually best to follow your instinct! There's an old saying... trust, then verify! ;)

03-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Black400
Because i dont want me ebay account closed... heres the email... ***Urgent Safeharbor Department Notice***

Fraud Alert ID : ********

You have recieve this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids at eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter. To help speed up this process, you are require to verify your eBay account by following the link below.

http://scgi.ebay.com/verify_id=ebay&user=00626654

Please save this fraud alert id for your reference.

Please Note - If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and will be cancelled. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

i got the same email and i dont even have an account on ebay:huh