PDA

View Full Version : 440EX Wiseco 11:1 Piston

Hondaluva
03-02-2004, 05:39 PM
I am trying to properly set up my 440EX and am worried about the deck height. I have been toying around with a compression ration calculator, but am still missing one of the numbers. I have a Wiseco piston with claimed 11:1 compression. It is looking like the compression is going to end up much lower than that. Does anybody have any idea what the CC amounts are for the valve relief pockets (should be a negative number?) and the dome volume of the piston (should be a positive number)? I know its super technical, but Wiseco has not been helpful getting me the numbers. They say, “If it is listed at 11:1 compression, then that’s what it will be.”

MIKE400EX
03-03-2004, 07:19 AM
This may help.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48435

Hondaluva
03-03-2004, 11:12 AM
I did read that whole thread. It helped a lot but I still need the valve pocket and dome volume CC's. Wiseco is of NO help!!! I don't understand how you can make a high tolerence piston like that and not have these simple numbers. Am I the first person asking for these numbers or something?

MIKE400EX
03-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Does your Wiseco 11:1 440 piston have a dome or is it a flat top?
Mine was a flat top (dome cc value = 0). The (4) valve reliefs totaled almost exactly 1cc. Unless they have changed them recently, the problem was that the top was about .035"-.040" in the hole with an OEM base gasket. Without a dome, you have to get it almost flush with the deck to get close to a true 11:1. I think it calculates to about 9.5:1 @ .040" down. P.S. You have a PM.