PDA

View Full Version : problems

thenad21
03-02-2004, 05:32 PM
has anyone had anyone problems with there r yet

holeshot19
03-02-2004, 05:37 PM
bent one of my tie rods sunday at the gncc race in fl but i got the guys at the mechine shop today to make me two out of stainless steel:mad:

Greg Z
03-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by holeshot19
bent one of my tie rods sunday at the gncc race in fl but i got the guys at the mechine shop today to make me two out of stainless steel:mad: wouldnt this be rider error:o

250rtone
03-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Hmmm....just keeping people away from it.:D

holeshot19
03-02-2004, 05:44 PM
i is a week link , all my other race bikes have aftermarket tie rods and no i did not hit a tree i tryed to jump over some ruts and cought the tire with it:grr:

Greg Z
03-02-2004, 05:47 PM
i is a week link , all my other race bikes have aftermarket tie rods and no i did not hit a tree i tryed to jump over some ruts and cought the tire with it:grr: same thing happend with my ex but i take it as a rider error not machines fault if you went into a rut that big

rtyfz450
03-02-2004, 06:09 PM
tie rods on the 400ex (stock) bend really really easy. I have personally bent like 5 of them. THere is nothing wrong with this however because it saves the expense of something else bending or braking. I would rather replace a 5-7 dollar tie rod then a spindle, ball joint, steering component, ect. I already bent two on my yfz but I got ss ones with my new arms hope I don't bend something else :D

by the way there is always a reason for a tie rod to bend usually unless it is an act of god, it is user error.

hsr
03-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by rtyfz450
tie rods on the 400ex (stock) bend really really easy. I have personally bent like 5 of them. THere is nothing wrong with this however because it saves the expense of something else bending or braking. I would rather replace a 5-7 dollar tie rod then a spindle, ball joint, steering component, ect. I already bent two on my yfz but I got ss ones with my new arms hope I don't bend something else :D

by the way there is always a reason for a tie rod to bend usually unless it is an act of god, it is user error.

Exactly ^

shamisc
03-02-2004, 09:31 PM
bent one of my tie rods sunday at the gncc race in fl but i got the guys at the mechine shop today to make me two out of stainless steel:mad:

I don't think I would do that!! The reason the tie-rods are made of softer metal is so it will bend. If you use stainless, next time it will prolly bend your a-arms, wheel, or possibly even the frame. Weak spots are good in some situations!;) Like RTYFZ450 said, they're only like $7 and that's alot cheaper than any of the above! JMO!:rolleyes: