PDA

View Full Version : new or used?

wishin4ahonda15
03-02-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm wanting a 400ex. I dunno if i should buy one new or go for a used one and fix it up alittle. I'm hoping to get around 2900 for my 2000 warrior. I have to get it cleaned up first. My dad doesn't think buying used is a good idea because you don't know where the quad has been...etc.... What should i look for in a used 400ex? What should i tell my dad that buying used is better?(if it is)Oh and whats a good job a 15 yearold can do to make some money?(i'm not 15 yet my b-day is in may)

JDiablo
03-02-2004, 02:11 PM
alot of people buy used quads and then the money they have left over put into their quad.You will know if someone takes care of it,if it is always clean,etc.Also if you are to buy a used one check for oil leaks,rust,etc.Check out some of the 400ex's on here for sale,they got some sick ones.But hey if worst comes to worst,that extra money you have,go get that motor sent out somewere for them to stroke it and stuff and thatway at least you know the engine will work...idk just my two cents i guess

MOFO
03-02-2004, 02:13 PM
get a good used one...

with the money saved, you could easily go over the entire quad and rebuild if needed and still be ahead of the game.

JDiablo
03-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
get a good used one...

with the money saved, you could easily go over the entire quad and rebuild if needed and still be ahead of the game.

what he said,if you got like 4 g's saved up get a nice quad for 3ish and then put a grand into it,or save up some more for a-arms and shocks,and mebe a swinger

wishin4ahonda15
03-02-2004, 02:15 PM
first i gotta sell mine and get money. i'm broke:o