PDA

View Full Version : Cascade--Yamaha Thumb Throttle ---FS

MJNOVA
03-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Bought it ,tried it, didn't like it. I think it will work fine for trail riding, but not the rocky terrain from TX GNCC. New Condition. $25 shipped to you.

jbplayfz450
03-03-2004, 01:29 PM
I tried to PM you and your box is full. I want the thumber if you still have it. Please pm or email me jbplays@aol.com

SoonerYFZ
03-09-2004, 08:48 PM
The cascade thumb throttle lever works great if you do a couple of things first.

First remove the plastic spacer on your handlebars between the brake res. and the throttle assembly so that the throttle can be moved further away from the grip. This helps get rid of that uncomfortable feeling of having the lever resting on the ball of your thumb.

Second hammer out the shaft that goes from the lever to the housing and reposition the lever on the shaft so that it is angled closer to the handlebars. The shaft is held in place by metal tines so you can possibly mark where it is to start with and move it however many tines you want and back if you don't like it. It is hard to hammer out and you might feel like you are going to break it but it does take quite a hit to knock it out. I put mine in a vise and used a large punch and a big hammer to knock the shaft out.

With these modifications I can complete a 2 hour race with absolutely no thumb fatigue whatsoever. I should also mention that I also removed the spring in the throttle assembly that helps return the lever to its natural position since the spring in the carburetor is quite sufficient at that job, I didn't need even more resistance tiring my thumb out. No problems so far :)