PDA

View Full Version : exhaust modification questions

pure insanity
03-01-2004, 11:11 PM
hello everyone, im new to this forum but glad to find all this info. im not new to quads by any means but ive always left them alone and rode stockers. well my 2000 300 exis pretty nice but i got beat by a big heavy tank feel like riding, polaris500 sprtsman(i think sportsman). well i wasnt happy and i was getting a bit bored anyways.
ive read articles about shortening a silencer, is there any advantage to this if i shorten my stocker?
how about the head pipe? im an auto enthusiast and i know you need some backpressure but you can usually up the size of the pipe and get some more power. is this so on quads? and how much backpressure does a quad need? how big can i make a head pipe and how will this affect the power? thanks in advance

pure insanity
03-02-2004, 07:04 PM
:) bump:)

2001400ex
03-02-2004, 07:21 PM
I have never done it myself, but a majority of people say that you get a little increase in power if you shorten your silencer. And the quad gets ALOT louder. Try looking for a cheap slip-on (HMF) I paid $229.00 for mine and love it!

www.hmfengineering.com

4wheelboy
03-02-2004, 09:00 PM
u wont be able to shorten the stock 300ex eaxust. ive made a header for my 50 so u never know u probaly could make on for your 300. if i was u i would get a hmf ( $209) i have 1 and i love it gave me alot more botton an mid range power;) :D