PDA

View Full Version : Should only Hetero's have the right to marriage?

DirtyGirl
03-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Since I noticed there was a religion debate going on, I thought this would go hand in hand. So whatcha guys/girls think? Should marriage be only for heterosexuals?

For my vote I say no. While the roots of marriage are traced back to the church, marriage in today's society has evolved. My husband and I don't believe in god, so we chose not to be married in a church before Him, and we were not wed by a priest. However, our marriage certificate is perfectly legal. Marriage nowadays is a symbol of the love that two people share, and love being blind as it is, will find its way into all types of couples, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other label that we use to seperate groups we don't agree with..

Bean
03-01-2004, 08:15 PM
gay people piss me off with their gayness

derekhonda
03-01-2004, 08:17 PM
I say no, While i understand the argument (many homosexual couples complain that they will never be able to recieve the same amount of "tax breaks" or "insurance breaks" as a married couple) I still dont feel like they should be wed. Give them a certificate or something so they can recieve those discounts but i dont really want to live next to a homosexual couple, nor do i want to witness any homosexual activity. I guess I say no just because I belive that marriage is a bond between a man and a woman, and thats the end of it.

Atreyu
03-01-2004, 08:17 PM
http://www.netmoon.com/starwars/image/actors/chewbacc.jpg

beak7707
03-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Gay people should NOT be allowed to be married. I agree with bean gay people piss me off too. This world is pretty messed up these days, now we have to worry if gays can get married or not.

Bean
03-01-2004, 08:20 PM
haha, i just thought of something funny, what if you lived in a duplex, or apartment, and a gay couple lived next to you, and all you heard was banging against the walls?

Atreyu
03-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Bean
haha, i just thought of something funny, what if you lived in a duplex, or apartment, and a gay couple lived next to you, and all you heard was banging against the walls?

I would take a bath with a toaster...that's gross stuff man. Sex was intended to reproduce (not completely it's purpose now)..but with homosexual sex...you cannot reproduce.

supermans400ex
03-01-2004, 08:23 PM
I say that would be a big ole bucket of HELL NO!!! What is the world coming too, Letting gays marry :confused:

SRH
03-01-2004, 08:35 PM
you guys are all idiots, i dont like gays, either, but they can still live together as a couple, why not give them the right to marry, whats the difference if they want to be together let them, its a free country and nothings free, there are so many rules and restrictions....and stuff like howards stern being taken off radio...ridiculous, if you dont like it dont listen to it , bush is a ****in idiot, hes the biggest uck up in the history of the us, just because there gay doesnt mean they doint have the same right as anyone else, maybe straight people make them uncomfortable, if everyone would just shut the hell up this world would be a better place, all people do is *****

hell i think gay people are weirdos and they make me uncomfortable but if they dont do anything to us why should we care...

SRH
03-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by supermans400ex
I say that would be a big ole bucket of HELL NO!!! What is the world coming too, Letting gays marry :confused:

your right what is the world coming to,while were at it lets ban white people from marrying black,and lets throw all left handed people in a big hole and bury them

too much in this world is based on religous bull..... beleifs and ideas...

Toadz400
03-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Gay people should not marry...if I had it my way, gay people would not exist, it's just not right...my favorite saying is "It's not Adam & Steve, it's Adam & Eve." or something like that. Basically homosexuality should not be recognized as an "okay" thing, I don't see why we always have to give into everyone wanting to have more rights than other people, we are going back in time and soon all white straight men will be slaves with no voting rights.

derekhonda
03-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by SRH
your right what is the world coming to,while were at it lets ban white people from marrying black,and lets throw all left handed people in a big hole and bury them

one question. . . .what should our values be based on?

400exmom
03-01-2004, 08:49 PM
whatever..no skin off my back...but i still dont get it....

what are the doing:huh

blondie69
03-01-2004, 08:52 PM
In my opinion...they can do what they want, as long as I don't have to see. Getting married isn't fully "correct" for them to do, nor is some of the other "activities" they act in. But as long as it aint around me, I'm good to go. It's not humanly correct...but there have been studies done, and it is in mammel nature to be homosexual. There are cases of homosexual animals, such as sheep, dogs, cats, ect. Not so much lesbian animals, but more so then male ones, because they can't fully recognize the differences, and if there are pharamones coming off the male sheep that to another male sheep smells like a female sheep in heat, then he is going to try to reproduce. Now not comparing humans to dumb sheep, but maybe male's and females smell certain pheramones off the same gender which they get confused to make them think in a way that it is really the opposit gender (dispite all the physical features) but they can't help who their attracted to. They didn't fully choose to be this way, it's whatever their partners pheramones smell like to them. I dunno..probably a bunch of babble to u guys, but hey, I get to have my own view in this too!!! heh

Bean
03-01-2004, 08:55 PM
i think that personally, that would be cruel to throw left handed people in a hole and burying them alive, you have to burn them first, duh

SRH
03-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
one question. . . .what should our values be based on?

two adult consenting individuals have the right to do whatever they want in my eyes as long as its not harming anyone else and its not, who are you to decide what other peoples values are,homosexuality is just as common in animals, you gonan go shoot your dog?:rolleyes:
im wasting my time.... ignorance

Toadz400
03-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
In my opinion...they can do what they want, as long as I don't have to see. Getting married isn't fully "correct" for them to do, nor is some of the other "activities" they act in. But as long as it aint around me, I'm good to go. It's not humanly correct...but there have been studies done, and it is in mammel nature to be homosexual. There are cases of homosexual animals, such as sheep, dogs, cats, ect. Not so much lesbian animals, but more so then male ones, because they can't fully recognize the differences, and if there are pharamones coming off the male sheep that to another male sheep smells like a female sheep in heat, then he is going to try to reproduce. Now not comparing humans to dumb sheep, but maybe male's and females smell certain pheramones off the same gender which they get confused to make them think in a way that it is really the opposit gender (dispite all the physical features) but they can't help who their attracted to. They didn't fully choose to be this way, it's whatever their partners pheramones smell like to them. I dunno..probably a bunch of babble to u guys, but hey, I get to have my own view in this too!!! heh

Hmm...that makes a lot of sense, I like your way of thinking. Probably seems a lot more appropriate than my post:o

jay's 300
03-01-2004, 09:03 PM
The way I see it is. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Nor Amanda and Eve for the sole purpose of what brought us into this world today. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I have mine. :D

sparky450AR
03-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
I would take a bath with a toaster...that's gross stuff man. Sex was intended to reproduce (not completely it's purpose now)..but with homosexual sex...you cannot reproduce.

Its against nature, god, and everything this country was ever based on. GO BUSH!!!!

I'd like to see a drive by on the streets of san francisco.....lol

derekhonda
03-01-2004, 09:08 PM
you know, this is probably the most ignorant post i will ever make, but. . . .

I dont want anything to do with homosexuality. I dont want to have homosexual neighbors, homosexual teachers, a homosexual doctor, I am not even sure id want to shake the hand of a heroic homosexual fireman.

whats next after marriage. You know the nursery rhyme, first comes love. . . . . (well hell now im basing my argument on a 3 year old's saying) . . . . .

. . . . .KIDS. Just to let you know, gay people cant have offspring. Some will want to adopt. If I had two moms and no dad, or vice versa, i cannot imagine how i would be right now.

Homosexuality is wrong on any level you want to argue it.

sparky450AR
03-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by supermans400ex

i hope you guys arent voting for teh NO because if you are, your actually voting for gays!

atvrider
03-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
you know, this is probably the most ignorant post i will ever make, but. . . .

I dont want anything to do with homosexuality. I dont want to have homosexual neighbors, homosexual teachers, a homosexual doctor, I am not even sure id want to shake the hand of a heroic homosexual fireman.

whats next after marriage. You know the nursery rhyme, first comes love. . . . . (well hell now im basing my argument on a 3 year old's saying) . . . . .

. . . . .KIDS. Just to let you know, gay people cant have offspring. Some will want to adopt. If I had two moms and no dad, or vice versa, i cannot imagine how i would be right now.

Homosexuality is wrong on any level you want to argue it.

I agree. There is NO way I would have anything to do with a Gay person. There is no reason any kid should have two moms or two dads. NO REASON at all.

SRH
03-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by atvrider
I agree. There is NO way I would have anything to do with a Gay person. There is no reason any kid should have two moms or two dads. NO REASON at all.

if this was the 1800s i bet ud all own slaves

sex is not only for reproduction or the orgasm would not exist, either would the condom or any other form of birth control your contradicting yourselves....

Bean
03-01-2004, 09:27 PM
i would probably own you to, so shut your hole

SRH
03-01-2004, 09:30 PM

ew what a homo, stay away from my hole you..gay

Ryan
03-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Bean

LOL!

I personally don't think they should be allowed to marry. I mean, its just not normal. Gay is just not right!

quadrider400
03-01-2004, 09:46 PM

Really then were does congress come from......

cudaman
03-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SRH
homosexuality is just as common in animals, you gonan go shoot your dog?:rolleyes:

first off i would like to say gay peeps shouldnt be married.

now this animal thing. the males arent attracted to the other males for a "personal feeling"(or hatever you want to call it, for love). they do it as a sign of power, or ownership(i cant think of the word right now for some reason) its basically to show whos boss or whos the best or whatever, its a territorial thing. so you cant call it homosexuality, cause they aint gay. they like the females for that kinda thing.

Originally posted by SRH sex is not only for reproduction or the orgasm would not exist, either would the condom or any other form of birth control your contradicting yourselves....[/B]

y would anyone do it if it didnt feel good. dont you figure that that was added in for kinda an "insentive" for it to happen. i mean lets face it, havin an 8lb kid in ya for 9 months and then poppin it out of a hole that you wouldnt think it could fit isnt exactly a reward. but you are right in one respect. there wouldnt be a condom or birth control cause the only reason peeps would do it is because they wanted a kid so obviously that stuff wouldnt be needed.

Mr.Offroad
03-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by DirtyGirl
Since I noticed there was a religion debate going on, I thought this would go hand in hand. So whatcha guys/girls think? Should marriage be only for heterosexuals?

Damn straight.

Sandragggen
03-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Isn't this the some of activities that got Sodam and Ghamora (Spelling) in trouble? I think the bible is pretty clear about this. The bible speaks about not screwing animals a couple of paragraphs later if memory serves me right....now tell me that's ok. It's all about perversion.

310Rduner
03-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by SRH

I'll second you on that. I think it's bull**** adding that to the constitution. WTF really thinks it is going to effect you that much. How much more is it going to effect you that you are "married" when they are gay regardless of the fact they are married. I personally don't think it is necessarily the "normal" thing to be gay, but once again that is relative to someone's deffinition of normal. I was kind of on the fence about this, but I realized that it really won't effect me in any dramatic way so why should I have such a stick up my *ss about it (no pun intended?:confused: )

I think those of you saying you could never have anything to do with a gay person are pretty godd*mned ignorant. Are you guys afraid that the gay person is going to try and rape you? And im sure it's a double standard, and that 99.9% of you guys dont have a thing against lesbians, and would love a hot pair of them living next door to you.That's no different than discriminating someone based on skin color. I'll bet most of you same people would also say that a black person has no right to be marrying a white person. I think your idea of right is nothing more than a social ideal, and that in a few years gay marriages won't be much more different than interracial marriages are today.

Here is another sad truth for you, the BIBLE has NO relevance to the constitution, or laws passed in this country, regardless of how much it may influence an individual in power. Ever heard of Separation between church and state?? No matter what the bible says it has no grounds to be the soul basis for a decision made by this government.

86350x
03-02-2004, 02:05 AM
I don't understand how a person could be gay in the first place:confused: I mean I see a hot chick (thin, blonde hair, big rack) and that gets my motor running.

Not sure about some women on the whole ani men thing............ Who knows, since they end up substituting our equipment with metal rubber and glass, lol whatever. I just don't get it..........

But then again women are hard to understand (most of em). I think there are more bi-sexual (people that are really just kidding themselves) and lezbo girls around here then straight ones anymore. So I always look elsewhere. It sucks to have to travel for dating and whatever. We need straight normal girls in our society again.

I guess I don't really care if they marry or not. But hopefully more people will be attracted to the opposite sex in the future like it was meant to be......................

batgeek
03-02-2004, 04:04 AM
not even gonna touch this thread. too much ignorance.

Atreyu
03-02-2004, 05:08 AM
How about this...if the two homosexuals wishing to marry, can successfully come out to their parents (without being disowned or killed), they should have the right to marry. I have nothing against gays but they are using this marriage thing for money. And...here's chewbacca again.
http://www.netmoon.com/starwars/image/actors/chewbacc.jpg

03-02-2004, 07:04 AM

EXACTLY

Your brain is not wired correctly if you lust the same sex. All animals want the opposite sex by natures way and want to mate with the opposite sex. do you see male lions trying to hump other male lions?? Hell no, they KNOW better than to hump this other male lions ***, it's not gonna get me no were so I"m gonna find a female and make babies. The day 2 gays can have sex and make babies is the day I"ll say it's OK. Until then learn what makes the world go around. We'd all be dead if we relied on homo's to keep the world running. The reason is they can't make more humans so our race would just die off.

No matter what you say or think it's just not right....... PERIOD. Would you think it's wrong if someone ate dog turds all day everyday. You'd look at them like this--->:huh Well lusting someone of the same sex is about the same it's disturbing and not right..:cool:

TRX250X
03-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Most people think this issue has no effect on them, but it does. These so called "marriages" would cost taxpayers money because it would be a legal entity. This means our tax dollars would go to supporting homosexuals through social security benefits and other means. It's been shown that the gay lifestyle leads to more cases of child abuse and other crimes that we as taxpayers will have to pay more because of also. If you think that gay marriage is ok because these two people love each other and want to be together, do you think that it's ok for a 35 year old male and a 15 year old female be together because the supposedly love each other. 30 years ago people changed their opinion on two people living together who weren't married, saying that it would have little effect on them. But this movement has brought about divorce, single parents, kids without fathers, and other negatives to society which many of us have been affected by. Just imagine what same sex marriage could cause in the next half century.

spincr4hire
03-02-2004, 08:02 AM
I'm thinking this topic was brought up just to divert the attention away from the fact that we won't be getting social security after 2012:mad:

dirtmomma
03-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
DITTO :p

spincr4hire
03-02-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by atvrider
I agree. There is NO way I would have anything to do with a Gay person.

whether you like it or not, when you get into the real world, you are going to be dealing with gays every day at work and in society, some aren't as obvious as those 'queer eye' guys

Rocketman250r
03-02-2004, 08:07 AM
But gay people can get married. Just not to people of the same sex.

nuttynewt
03-02-2004, 08:23 AM
F**K HOMOS!!!

And there is no way in hell they should be allowed to have children in their household, whether they pay someone to have one for them or they adopt. Then you are allowing them to distort an innocent child's mind, and the system is going to keep getting worse.

What's next... will the government allow Billy Bob the sheep farmer to marry his favorite ewe? Come on, it just ain't right.

exriderdude
03-02-2004, 08:27 AM
First of all, the whole thing about some animals being gay is completely ridiculous. Just like someone said, they may be attracted to other males because of feramone, and they get CONFUSED and think its a WOMAN. There are no actual gay animals out there because it is not natural. Just like rico said, it would get you nowhere, wild animals have an instinct to survive. They kill other animals to survive and they reproduce so they can survive, so there species can live on.

Why the hek do they say "straight" people anyway. this means that if you arent hetero then you are "crooked"(sp?). it means you are not normal, corrupt.

bigboy03
03-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by batgeek

ditto!!!!!!!:macho

Samson
03-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
That's no different than discriminating someone based on skin color. I'll bet most of you same people would also say that a black person has no right to be marrying a white person. I think your idea of right is nothing more than a social ideal, and that in a few years gay marriages won't be much more different than interracial marriages are today.

You cannot choose your skin color. You choose to be a homosexual. Homosexuality is a physical act of the body. You choose to participate in those acts.

It is a form of sexual perversion. I wish no ill-will on any human but supporting gay rights is saying their behavior is ok.

It's not.

tore up
03-02-2004, 09:16 AM
How about this view: atv riders vs tree huggers strait vs homos. Who are we to judge what others do in there bedrooms, That is why we live in the land of the kinda free.;) We have much greater things to worry about as a nation, as tax payers. Think about it, do you really think that gay marriage is going to cost the tax payers as much as ( lets say ) the homeless, people on welfare, other countries etc.

jcv400ex
03-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Well, NO I do not think they should be allowed to get married.....but the only thing that raises an eyebrow to me......is this.

Okay, two guys are "together" dick and harry. Harry is in a bad accident, and Dick can't see harry because he is not related nor married......harry dies on the operating table, dick never sees harry alive again. Think if that happened between yourself and your wife/husband.

Harry works fulltime at a factory with crappy health insurance, Dick is a sales exec for a top company, great benifits. If they where married, Harry would be able to take advantage of his "spouses" benifits.....

Is same sex marriage okay still? NO I still DO NOT agree with it! Like everyone has stated about the bible and animal instict......leaving out the ignorant posts.....some people need to grow up....really.

Oh and I'm left handed......so bring it if ya wanna bury me alive.......:grr: :macho

BIG
03-02-2004, 09:19 AM
if it were right then u would have heard of it in the bible.:macho :)

Samson
03-02-2004, 09:25 AM
What if a 15 year old girl consents to having intercourse with a 50 year old male? Should this be legal?

tore up
03-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah lets use the bible as a good referance, a book that was writen 2000 years ago. Back then they use to go witch hunting and burn them alive. Wait a minute, we have had a good witch hunt in years!!!! Everyone get your pitchforks and torchs and follow me!!;)

DillonTMNT
03-02-2004, 09:51 AM
ok I havent read anything before me so if has been said sorry about that...

ok wether you want to want to believe in God or believe in evolution I dont care....but we did not evolve to be homosexuals. Homosexuals can not procreate and this is a fact. So that is the hot knifer through butter for me. I dont care wether they think they were born that way or not...they can not make another life form..God didnt allow it or mother nature didnt allow nor did the splitting of the atoms in the very relics of our creation period....BUT they should be allowed to marry, cause what are we but free? Free to do what we want and marry what we want. Once you taker about that freedom we have we are nothing but a uncivilized 3rd world non-democratic society. I suggest yall read a bit more of the constitution before you try to take away right from people. So who gives 2 sh1ts if the church doesnt want to marry some gays (while most of the priests are raping little boys in the background under their pupil)....live and let live people...

-Dillon

Samson
03-02-2004, 10:31 AM
OK, no bites so I'll make my point and move on.

If you believe in any kind of democracy and believe that the people of this nation should be allowed to establish boundaries for moral behavior, laws directed at groups that the majority believe will make irrational and harmful decisions, then you need look no further than the poll at the top of this page.

03-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by tore up
Yeah lets use the bible as a good referance, a book that was writen 2000 years ago. Back then they use to go witch hunting and burn them alive.

:huh :huh

What bible have you been reading:confused:

All animals are wired from the start to search for another companion of the opposite sex. If your a male checkin out another males arse, then you my friend are not wired correctly from the factory and should be returned under warranty..:huh

Pappy
03-02-2004, 10:43 AM
it aint right. its just like watchin a dog hump your buddy's leg.....it just aint right

03-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
it aint right. its just like watchin a dog hump your buddy's leg.....it just aint right

NO it's like watchin your buddy hump your other buddy's leg.

Your correct it just ain't right..:grr:

Or this is a better example for those that are in favor of this. Would you like to see your father make out with your uncle at the christmas dinner table:confused:

Pappy
03-02-2004, 10:47 AM
in any event ....some dude rump pumpin some other dude just doesnt seem to fit in the grand scheme of things...lmfao

MOFO
03-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Rico
If your a male checkin out another males arse, then you my friend are not wired correctly from the factory and should be returned under warranty..:huh

LMAO... this would make a good bumper sticker! :blah:

redrunner
03-02-2004, 11:00 AM
But go ahead and let them, then they to can enjoy the issues of divorce and alimony and pain. Along with making lawyers rich!
ENJOY!:D :D