PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Guns

CEET400ex
03-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey I have a Tippmann Pro/Am with a 16in CMI barrel but its kinda getting old and I'm looking into getting a new gun. ANybody have any suggestions. I wants something electronic and was looking at the Zap Amp Reactor. I have heard the electros on this gun go out easy though so im kinda steering away from it.I would like to spend about no more than $250.

EXerHonda400
03-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Check out Kingman USA's website. My friend has a Kingman, i can't remember what model but it's nice and smooth and quite. I have a Compact 2000 and i love it and see no use for an electro but they are nice.

Doibugu2
03-01-2004, 05:26 PM
send a message to this guy. He sells a bunch of stuff and has some electronic guns.

anporras@yahoo.com

His name is Tony. Tell him Doug sent you.

lol
03-01-2004, 05:52 PM
if u have ur heart set on an electro, get an excellerator 5.0, but really, i think electro's are too much trouble

CEET400ex
03-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Ok I've kind of got my mind straying off the electros and just l;ooking at semi-autos. Im lookin at the Spyder Shutter. It looks pretty good and its only $115 new. Anyone know any bad or good about this gun?

EXerHonda400
03-01-2004, 06:42 PM
i know like 3 people that have them, and they like them. Look in the For Sale Forum, i am selling my Compact2000 with everything if you are interested just check it out.

quad
03-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Not to put others down,but spyders aint all that good.Reasons are:They are wortless in the winter,because the co2 is already cold and a liquid,therefore the gun will barely shoot due to freeze ups.Even in the summer that can happen when ya shoot real fast.If ya want a spyder,use compressed air,not co2.Get an expansion chamber if ya want to use co2.It will give the co2 more time to turn to air.If ya use co2,put in an anti-syphon in the bottle.That lets the gun only draw the air from the tank,not the liquid.Ive had a spyder E99 model,sold it right afterwards.Then i went to an angel IR3,a 1200.00 gun.It would rip,but you could only use compressed air .Which is anywhere from 5 to 10 dollars to fill a 68ci.tank.It was an awesome gun,but i still wasnt happy cause it was too nice,didnt wanna scratch it,and it busted alot of balls in the barrel because i coulnt afford the high dollar balls.I sold that also,ended up with a tippman A*5!!!In my opinion,its the most awesome gun out.Put a response trigger on it if ya dont want an electro.It will shoot 15 balls per second.,with a RT.Thats more than you will ever rip out of an auto.Get a flatline barrel so ya can shoot alot further,being accurate.What im saying is that i went from the bottom of quality to the top,then came back down,before i was happy with a gun.Hope i helped ya out.

lol
03-01-2004, 08:09 PM
i agree wit quad, get a tippmann, get a used 98 like i have and it will last u forever, u can also do alotta chit to it, response trigger

EXerHonda400
03-01-2004, 08:40 PM
No offense, but CO2 is CO2 it isn't going to react differently from gun to gun. There is no Chemical reaction that takes place to make it warm up just cause you put it on a top of the line gun like an angel or somthething. The expansion chamber will give it more time to expand, but all i have is a regular bottom line on my gun and i have never had any problems with liquid making it into the chamber and i hardly ever brake a ball, maybe like once or twice out of a whole hopper and it shoots straight and fast yet besides. You don't have to spend top dollar to get a gun that can do the same thing as a gun at half the cost.

K2Snow
03-01-2004, 11:16 PM
i had a model 98 with the flatline and absolutely loved it. i found that proball worked best. the flatline is picky and requires a perfectly bored ball to throw the ball right. i ended up selling it and getting a proteam f/x micrococker. not bad, but nothing like my tippmann. paid 800 bucks for the micro and i like the performance and funcionality of the tippmann way better.

jrobbie4499
03-02-2004, 03:31 AM
If you want accuracy, not necessarily simplicity, go with a autococker. I have a ANS Gen-x and it's quite accurate not to mention fast. There also fairly hardy once you have the timing set correctly. The bottom end cocker is affordable compared to a tippman and from there you could upgrade it to anything you see fit. Plus they can be shot with co2 or nitro, although nitro is better in any gun.

jrobbie4499
03-02-2004, 03:35 AM
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/painspec.html

a good site with good deals on paintball and related equipment.

quad
03-02-2004, 04:02 AM
You can not put co2 in an angel!They are low pressure guns,which need to be regulated at a specific psi.The angel IR3 has a 19 way valve set up,and that will be the first thing ruined if ya use co2.As far as co2 being different from gun to gun,as i said,ive had a spyder and a tippy.Spyder wasnt even close to being as good.Once those spyders get the smallest amount of liquid in them,they will sputter constantly,fail to re-cock.Another thing,drop a spyder in the water and see how well it will shoot.I,and many others know nuthin will never take a beating like a tippman!!!!!!!!

brandon025
03-02-2004, 06:35 AM
No offense to anyone who has an A-5, but I think they are soo overpriced for what it is. It feels real plasticy, looks ugly, and the cyclone feed is not worth the extra $100 over the 98 custom IMO. I think 98 custom is hands down the best gun for rec players, a lot of people have that, but there is a reason for that.

ATC Crazy
03-02-2004, 07:40 AM
www.xpaintball.com

They have very good prices and products

03-02-2004, 03:23 PM
the shutter is a great gun i play with a kid who has one but they cant beat the reliability of a tippmann;)