PDA

View Full Version : More Jetting ?'s

SHANE03EX
03-01-2004, 04:08 PM
First off I did a search and thought it would be easier to post a new thread rather than guessing off of somebody elses setup.

I just got a powerbomb header with a CHM silencer (made by carmicheal motorsports) and a K and N filter with outwears and I am going to run with no airbox lid. I generally run under 1000ft of elevation. I need to know what pilot, main, clip postion, ect. to run. Thanks to all very much.

hondarider2006
03-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Its hard to say with the MJ. your needle should be fine at the stock position, and your piolet should be fine also, unless you are haveing troubles starting, than go with a 4- or 42 piolet and that should help it. All you can really do with the main jet is start rich and work your way down. If you have the jet kit, start at the 170(I believe that is the largest jet in the kit) and work your way down. It may run with the 170, but you will want to do a plug test with each jet. If you don't have the kit....I would try starting at a 160 and work your way from there. Good luck;)

cals400ex
03-02-2004, 08:54 AM
are you using keihin jets or dynojets?

James Parent
03-02-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm Using the Dyno Jets, and this is where i am.

Clip Position 3
Mainjet? im guessing 42 is what people are saying

What about what the main jet screws into?.. how many threads of that should be showing. I don't know what this is called but the nut is three threads down.

And fuel air mixture screw? Screwing this in does what.. and vice versa?
In the directions it says to screw it out 3.5

2003 Honda 400ex
K&n
FMF Power Bomb
Yoshimura Slip on

if anything, just give me something that i should start with. Thanks

James

mustang93
03-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by James Parent
I'm Using the Dyno Jets, and this is where i am.

Clip Position 3
Mainjet? im guessing 42 is what people are saying

What about what the main jet screws into?.. how many threads of that should be showing. I don't know what this is called but the nut is three threads down.

And fuel air mixture screw? Screwing this in does what.. and vice versa?
In the directions it says to screw it out 3.5

2003 Honda 400ex
K&n
FMF Power Bomb
Yoshimura Slip on

if anything, just give me something that i should start with. Thanks

James

:huh the 3.5 turns is refering to the mixture screw, the pilot would be a 42 not the main, and if you are installing dyno jets the kit comes w/ a main jet adapter just screw it in and then the main jet.

James Parent
03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
gotcha.. my friend did it a while ago with ony a 138 main jet in there, and it was still running too rich for some reason.. well after i read your post i saw that i didn't have the adapter on there.. hope that was the problem! but i think im gonna go with a 146 and 3rd clip and 3.5 turns and work my way down from there, thanks a lot

-James