PDA

View Full Version : My new Diet

Out_Sider
03-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Aight..well since it is the off season for football, and i recently started lifting weights...i thought i'd make a list of foods i should eat to help build muscle and be good for me.
So far i Have:
Boiled Eggs
Bananas
peanut butter
Fruits, and lots of vegatables.... what else could i eat that would help in building muscle??

ReconRider25
03-01-2004, 03:32 PM
keep riding as fast as you can through the roughest trails you can find.;)

Bobbs07
03-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I got this new excercise device thing, you do sit ups but its a different style, head on a lil pad, elbows on a pad and your arms push up, Killer on the stomache, Awesome muscle builder.:macho

I Forgot to add, my friend used to take this stuff that had TONS of calories and if my memorie serves me correct it was called "weight gainer" or something like that, Buy them in big black jugs, and you would make that stuff and get big and go work out in the gym and build muscle.. Might work for ya, lol, but its expensive and if you already have some extra body insulation, might not want to use it, lol, just work that off.

Atreyu
03-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Protein Shakes...:macho

brian-250
03-01-2004, 03:47 PM
im on the "seafood" diet, need i say more:D

zephead400ex
03-01-2004, 03:53 PM
For hella protein, only eat meat and potatoes or similar foods with a high protein content. Becareful though...no carbs...no energy.

Out_Sider
03-01-2004, 03:57 PM
yea..i think some meat would be good. Whats the best out of CHicken, Beef, Deer, and Salmon?

roostin_dale
03-01-2004, 04:12 PM
probably beef

hondafox440
03-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Eating certain foods isn't just going to give you muscle. You need to lift. Correct nutrition just allows the muscles to regrwo faster and stronger when you work them.

Out_Sider
03-01-2004, 04:56 PM
i know that. But i want proper nutrition so that my muscles will get their strongest :cool: . I might try taking creatin (sp?) also to help out

killed300ex
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
eat lots of chicken and beef and lots of milk get alot of protein and work out alot you will get alot of muscle. I did that for about a month and put on at least 15 pounds of pure muscle. Spent about 2 hours at the gym 4 times a week and was eating 2x as much protein as my body wieght.

killed

exatak199
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Milk is good fur da boons;)

4wheelboy
03-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i know that. But i want proper nutrition so that my muscles will get their strongest :cool: . I might try taking creatin (sp?) also to help out

my friend took that. he lifted evry day for a bout a month taking creatin evry time he lifted. as soon as he stopped lifting all the muscle he built turned into fat:o

kabd69667
03-01-2004, 06:11 PM
make sure you get natural peanut butter..not that processed crap they make. Peanut butter is one of the worst substances ever produced.

Grilled chicken breasts are also great for muscle building, no carbs and high protein. Also, change your three main, large meals into 5-7 medium sized meals.

derekhonda
03-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Just lift harder:blah:

Toadz400
03-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider

In my school, if you take creatine you get kicked off the team. It's an illegal drug at our school for weight lifters or any other athletic people. What sucks is that you can find it in some energy bars I think or some other food, and some people get booted off and they didn't even know they were taking it.

lil400exman
03-01-2004, 07:43 PM
i have high vitamin E intake with calcium supplement also with venison and lots of water to flush the muscles. I usually take a slim fast before i work out along with a banana so i dont get cramps. I work out 4 times a week. It works best for me. trust me eating and training like this is a way of life not just a summer thing;)

cudaman
03-01-2004, 07:46 PM
my friend is taking nitro tech and cell tech. its working hella good. hes put on like 10 lbs muscle in just a couple months and you can actually see the difference

stonerider250x
03-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
trust me eating and training like this is a way of life not just a summer thing;)

u sound like my coach:eek: :blah: :D

lil400exman
03-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by stonerider250x
u sound like my coach:eek: :blah: :D
if ya htink like that though it does make a difference...........i havent had fast food other than subway for like 5 weeks now:macho

cudaman
03-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
if ya htink like that though it does make a difference...........i havent had fast food other than subway for like 5 weeks now:macho

lol i havent really had a real meal in like 4 days now does that compare?? idk y i just have not been eating, trisquits one day and thats it, with water. one yogurt the next day, with water, idk anyone have any ideas?

derekhonda
03-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Most of you guys have it wrong.

If you want to lose weight, a sensible diet (vegetables, salads, low cal low fat stuff) is the way to go. Along with a good excersise plan (jogging 30 minutes a day, maybe some situps and push ups) will get you to slim down and into better shape.

If you are looking to put on some muscle, eat plenty of protein (red meats, peanut butter, etc) is a better plan mixed in with a lot of lifting. Get on a good weight program lift every other day. On Monday work on arms, on wednesday do legs, and on friday do both and do it hard. It doesnt come easy and their is no magic solution that is going to put muscle on your body.

Not eating is not a good thing to do, it slows down your metabalism and will only make you fatigue easier. Eat....just eat well.

cudaman
03-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

If you want to lose weight, a sensible diet (vegetables, salads, low cal low fat stuff) is the way to go. Along with a good excersise plan (jogging 30 minutes a day, maybe some situps and push ups) will get you to slim down and into better shape.

If you are looking to put on some muscle, eat plenty of protein (red meats, peanut butter, etc) is a better plan mixed in with a lot of lifting. Get on a good weight program lift every other day. On Monday work on arms, on wednesday do legs, and on friday do both and do it hard. It doesnt come easy and their is no magic solution that is going to put muscle on your body.

Not eating is not a good thing to do, it slows down your metabalism and will only make you fatigue easier. Eat....just eat well.

i wasnt not eating to lose weight, i just wasnt eating, but im getting ready to eat eggplant parmessiean and lookin forward to it, so maybe my hunger strike thing is over. who knows.

blondie69
03-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Just lift harder:blah:

Actually lifting harder and more weight then your intended to do can result in ripped and tore muscles, which will decrease strength and size. You have to stay within your target zone and lift within that area until you feel comfterable doing it and then slowly and gradually increase it. It all depends on the workout your looking for. For strenthening muscles I believe you find out the maxium amount of weight you can do comfterably doing 6 reps, then divide that by 50% and do that 6 times, then take a break, then divide your max again by 60%, do 6 reps of that. Then take your max once more and divide that by 70% and there's your work out amount. You don't want to be working on the same muscles over and over until their severly damaged. As well, u should only work out two-three times a week, because every time you work out, you rip very fine parts of your muscle's (a good thing) and the next day or 2 u need to be eating lots of protein to repair them, therefore causing in a sence "scar tissue" which gains the size & strenth of your muscles. But if you work out while your muscles are trying to repair themselves, it won't do you any good at all. It may not hurt you, but it's just a wasted work out. Thats why if you work out pretty hard, the next day your sore and stiff, because of your muscles repairing themselves. If your wondering how I know crap like this...in gym were doin weight lifting :blah:

SnellCRP
03-01-2004, 09:37 PM
If your trying to build muscle I would try to stay away from running for your cardio. Because it is a high impact excercise it breaks down muscle tissue. I would do a stepper or bicycle and to burn fat you should try to do 45 minutes or so at a med/high intensity 3 times per week. Also, if possible the most effective time of the day to do cardio is first thing in the morning before you eat because you haven't eaten in 6-8 hours. With your food I would try to eat most of the carbs you take in per day to be before 12pm. Your protein intake should be 1.4-1.6 grams per Kg of body weight, any more than that & you just $hit it out. 2.2Kg per lb. you can do the math. The best sources of protein are: salmon, tuna, chicken breast, turkey, extra lean red meat. Other than meat there is: 1% fat cottage cheese, eggs (no yolk), skim milk, lima beans, black beans, almonds, and peanuts. For carbs: oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat bread, english muffins, and spaghetti. Apples, bananas, oranges are good fruits. You can always supplement with protein shakes or meal replacements, but remember you should drink at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water per day and if you do decide to take Cell Tech or any other type of creatine I would double that amount. Some creatine powders cause water weight gain if you don't drink enough. Good luck, and I hope you stick with it. :)

derekhonda
03-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
Actually lifting harder and more weight then your intended to do can result in ripped and tore muscles, which will decrease strength and size.

There is always a safe and unsafe way to lift, but generally speaking, if you have correct form, and a spotter, you will be safe lifting most amounts of weights. When you start struggling, your spotter should aid you. The breaking down of muscles is a good thing like you said, but 50% of your max is rediculous. I bench just over 300 and i could rep 150 pounds all day long.

2 ways to lift.

Toning muscles = multiple sets of "lighter" weights.
IE: 12/12/10 at 60% of your max.

Getting big = less sets at "heavier" weights.
IE 3x3 at 80% of max

cudaman
03-01-2004, 09:50 PM
There is always a safe and unsafe way to lift, but generally speaking, if you have correct form, and a spotter, you will be safe lifting most amounts of weights. When you start struggling, your spotter should aid you. The breaking down of muscles is a good thing like you said, but 50% of your max is rediculous. I bench just over 300 and i could rep 150 pounds all day long.

2 ways to lift.

IE 3x3 at 80% of max

this is what i believe to be more correct.

Ryan
03-01-2004, 09:56 PM

Good info!

Gncc561
03-02-2004, 05:38 AM
I always found if you stick to your core exercises like squats, bench, and deadlifts you will make more strength gains. Remeber...if you work the machine you have to Feed the machine. Also, if you can get your hands on some D-bol or Decadurabolin........you'll have to get a new wardrobe in 8 weeks!

SnellCRP
03-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Gncc561
I always found if you stick to your core exercises like squats, bench, and deadlifts you will make more strength gains. Remeber...if you work the machine you have to Feed the machine. Also, if you can get your hands on some D-bol or Decadurabolin........you'll have to get a new wardrobe in 8 weeks!

You juicing?:huh

blondie69
03-02-2004, 12:35 PM

2 ways to lift.

IE 3x3 at 80% of max

Hmm, I believe u may have the more correct format then. Cuz since u mention it, 50% is not very much. I'm thinkin my phy ed teacher might just not want anyone to do anything dumb and hurt themselves (we have alot of show-off dumb arses in my class heh)

sly400ex
03-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SnellCRP
You juicing?:huh

It's legal juice!!!:eek:

SnellCRP
03-02-2004, 03:20 PM
When did D-bol become legal?:huh

400exTN
03-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by SnellCRP
When did D-bol become legal?:huh

Not sure but my friend Barry Bonds says a grow hormone is the way to go!

Out_Sider
03-02-2004, 03:28 PM
im mostly building for strenth, but i also want to be big :cool:

derekhonda
03-02-2004, 03:44 PM
eat alot of protein and lift lift lift lift lift:muscle:

Nausty
03-02-2004, 05:41 PM
if you guys are into nutrition check this site out.
http://bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut.htm
Lot of useful information there for about any topic that has to do w/ improving health and how to do it best.

Creatine is ok if you plan on lifting for long periods of time and it helps create muscle a little bit faster but you lose so much strength bulk, ect when you stop using it. Its also safe to use as long as you drink PLENTY of water and is a natural substance found in meats.

Derek Honda hit the nail on the head w/ nutrition

The hardest part is commitment:o

I'm benching 195 right now and am not taking any supplements. Friggen sucks having bad genes.:o My goal is to get to 220-230 right now.

03-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
im on the "seafood" diet, need i say more:D

What a co-iccidence! Im on that same diet:devil: