PDA

View Full Version : pipe and air filter

fat400
03-03-2002, 08:58 PM
ok don't laugh but i am new to all this i have a 02 400 ex and i put on a pro circuit t-4 pipe and a k&n air filter do i have to re-jet it i live in iowa and ride on tracks and woods i have only ridden it 2 times since i put on the pipe and filter please help

R-Crazy
03-03-2002, 09:08 PM
yes. whenever you mess with the intake, you most likely have to rejet.
good luck

dave

Atomic83
03-03-2002, 09:09 PM
How is it running with the new stuff on it? Is it backfiring, does it feel like it has less power in certain spots? Did you do any airbox mods?

My guess is yeah, you need to rejet.

fat400
03-03-2002, 11:13 PM
seems to run fine a lot more snap in the low end and seems a little faster in the top end it doesn't backfire or start hard it was 13 degrees today and it started fine little hard but nothing considering no airbox mods but would that make it faster?

Deathbringer
03-03-2002, 11:58 PM
Pipes/Air box/rejeting...dont make your bike even 1 mph faster.. The things that do that are bore/stroke/cam/gears...things like that....

If I had to guess though..yes you should look at moding the box and rejeting.

hangman
03-04-2002, 12:59 PM
Does it start to cut out a little as you reach the rev limiter in high gear? When I piped the mojave I used to have it ran great up until you hit the rev limiter then it started missing. Went up a size on the main jet and it cured my ills. If it runs good everywhere, leave it alone. It's VERY rare when you increase air flow and not have to rejet. Cutting holes in the airbox lid will increase airflow and should give you more power.