PDA

View Full Version : Banshee owners

Texasrider
03-01-2004, 12:53 PM
I rode my first banshee the other day and it was a definate rush! My question is the quad had stock suspension and IMO it may as well had none at all (that's the way it felt to me). Is this typical of all banshee's or was something wrong with this guys suspension?

ledofthezep
03-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Typically the stock banshee suspension does suck. I don't miss my stock suspension one bit. The stock rear isn't all that bad & can be rebuilt. My best suggestion would be to at least upgrade the fronts. Some people have been putting on yfz450 shocks up front & are raving about how great the work, you have to mod the mounts a little bit with some grinding, but nothing too technical. I've seen people put them on stock & +2 arms...cheap alternative I guess if you can't go with aftermarket suspension. I'm running works tripples w/rezzies & they're night/day better over the stockers. I went to +2+1 arms & suspension all at once and it's worlds better as far as handling. I also installed a -2 swingarm & a stock ohlins rebuilt shock. It's setup for MX. Feel free to scope out my site for some pics & mod list. Congrats on the new shee!!:D

86350x
03-02-2004, 02:11 AM
I thought it was just on the soft side, I put yfz shocks on mine with stock a-arms. It's not that hard to do.

The cheapest route would be works dual rates, new or used or yfz shocks. The rear shock works pretty good, but the fronts suck.

SadisticShee
03-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Yea Im hopin for some elkas by the summer time.....

psd1
03-03-2004, 12:15 AM
I have +2 +1 and Works doubles. Much better than stock!

Texasrider
03-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the help!!!

SadisticShee
03-04-2004, 09:37 PM
no prob