PDA

View Full Version : Jetting for a new filter, and open airbox

joe1l
03-01-2004, 09:47 AM
I know this may sound stupid, but I will be adding one mod at time to this bike. On my old bikes, I would add 2 or 3 mods and then feel the power, and I was never able to know what made the biggest increases in what. This time I'm going to add each mod in stages, and stage1 is a sparks air filter, and open air box. Does anyone know what changes to the jetting i will have to make with this setup. i tryed puling the airbox off and riding it, and to my dismay, the bike did not run right at all, it was too lean. Any suggestions would be great.
Joe

schmitthead
03-01-2004, 10:28 AM
are you running the stock main jet?
if you are bump it up to at least a 180 if your airbox lid is off, and thats just assumng you have an aftermarket pipe.

joe1l
03-01-2004, 11:05 AM
I am running a stock main jet, thebike is completely stock from factory. I will not be running a new pipe yet. I ordered the sparks filter setup and jet kit. They told me it has an arangement of jets and a new needle in there that will be enough to jet a few add ons, much less just the filter. So i take it 180 should be a starting point, or should i start much lower?
Joe

Blown 331
03-01-2004, 11:15 AM
I would start with a 180. I have the HRC kit and that comes with a 185 and mine is a little lean.

schmitthead
03-01-2004, 11:52 AM
just besure to remove your baffle, with a 185 you will be rich with it in.