PDA

View Full Version : Tusk tie-rod kits

spincr4hire
03-01-2004, 07:10 AM
anyone tried these yet? pretty good price for the kit ($89), considering one tie-rod end from the dealership is $40 :rolleyes: and are POS at that.

Pappy
03-01-2004, 07:38 AM
whats included? thats a great price for 4 ends:macho

dhines
03-01-2004, 07:42 AM
Who's selling them?

spincr4hire
03-01-2004, 09:59 AM
kit includes 4 tie rod ends, and 2 tie rods. They only have stock length on the tie rods, though. Rocky Mountain is the only place that sells them to my knowledge.

here's the description on RM website:

· High quality Chromoly tie rods kits that are much more durable than stock steel units.
· Designed for standard length A-Arms
· Includes 2 tie rods and 4 tie rod ends
· Priced substantially less than original equipment.

Pungohboy
03-01-2004, 10:18 AM
I bought the Tusk ends for my stock rods and I Like them. I have not had any problems with them. I bought 4 extra stock tie rods before needing ends so I didnt get the kit. I got 2 ends for the price of one, and so far they are holding up. I got mine from Rocky Mountain.

Tommy 17
03-01-2004, 02:01 PM
i know a guy that put tusk clutches in his 400ex... they didn't make it 15 mins and they were burnt up...

they were something like 27$...

89$ sounds to good just like the clutches did...

03-01-2004, 02:10 PM
your friend needs to wither learn how to install a clutch correctly or learn how to use the clutch....I have about 30 hours on mine & it is still like perfect

Tommy 17
03-01-2004, 02:17 PM
he knows what hes doin... hes a A rider and is hard on a quad... they didn't make it 15 mins and it was already slippin so he bought a sparks 8 plate kit...

u get what u pay for

toby400ex
03-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i know a guy that put tusk clutches in his 400ex... they didn't make it 15 mins and they were burnt up...

they were something like 27$...

89$ sounds to good just like the clutches did... Your friend must have done something wrong, mine have prolly 5 hours on em and are great. Its possible Tusk just isnt out there to rob ya blind like most other aftermarket companies.

03-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Its possible Tusk just isnt out there to rob ya blind like most other aftermarket companies. i believe dat ;)

Tommy 17
03-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Its possible Tusk just isnt out there to rob ya blind like most other aftermarket companies.

dude think about that... its america... the only thing on their mind is money i don't care who u are... u get what u pay for...

toby400ex
03-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Well if they last me this season of cross country I think theyre worth the $30, if they dont I'll take back any good things i said about them.

EX4me
03-02-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm also running the tusk tie rod ends with new stock tie rods. Already had extra rods, so I just ordered the ends. So far so good & holding up well. For all anyone knows they may be the same ones that Honda uses. They sure look like it. It only takes one company to make a product & then everyone else puts their name on it. If you owned the company making tie rod ends, wouldn't you rather be selling them to like 3-4 different companies that would be using them with their name on them. Just think of the $$$$ you would make selling to multiple companies, compared to selling just under one name. This goes for alot of products that are on the market no matter what it may be. I sure hope you don't think Wal-Marts has a manufacturing site that makes all their products with their label on it. They just buy from someone else & slap their label on it.:) :)