PDA

View Full Version : any1 ever done this?

adrenaline
03-01-2004, 01:41 AM
i was wondering how complicated it was to change the piston and rod and valves...i have use of an auto garage..i mean back in the day i took apart my go-kart and mini bikes motor and put them back together with ease, is it sumwhat the same? i finaly have sum cash to spend on my quad but i dont want to pay rediculous labor fees for somthing i can do myself.

thanx

wheeltrax
03-01-2004, 05:47 AM
I can at least say that changing the valves are easy, im assuming changing the rod isnt that complicated either. Patience is the key.

400exdad
03-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Cos, the biggest difference with changing the rod is that you're going to have to split the case. The valves and piston will be no big deal. With these motors, you don't have to pull the rod out to change the piston... just slip the jug off the piston and leave the rod on the crank... a little different than car and go kart motors. At any rate, I would highly suggest a shop manual for this since you'll be getting into the tranny (if you split the case) and stuff tends to fall out and you say... "Dang! Where'd that go?" :D

SHADETREE101
03-01-2004, 06:16 PM
definately get the full manual. your gonna kick yourself if you don't.