PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Racing

LazeR
03-01-2004, 01:24 AM
Is there any type of racing in Oregon besides MX? XC, Flattrack, TT? Alls i know of is MX up in albany/salem

airheadedduner
03-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Sadly, no. There are several mx tracks but nothing else really. You have to go up to WA for anthing else.

LazeR
03-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Sadly, no. There are several mx tracks but nothing else really. You have to go up to WA for anthing else.

I guess i better learn to jump a hell of alot better then! lol, my new goal. Learn to jump better :rolleyes:

airheadedduner
03-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Thats what the am class is for, learning. A lot of guys just roll everything. Give it a go and don't worry about it.

JTRtrx250r
03-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Thats what the am class is for, learning. A lot of guys just roll everything. Give it a go and don't worry about it. yep..what he^^ said;) :cool: most of them have stock suspension also,...any room for me LOL j/p

airheadedduner
03-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
yep..what he^^ said;) :cool: most of them have stock suspension also,...any room for me LOL j/p
Woodland sunday, if I get the right starter brushes int time:o

LazeR
03-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Yea, i still got stock suspension :rolleyes: you know if they race saturdays? and what time ? (up in albany/salem area) I want to check it out before i go up to race, and if i do, i guess i can just do my best :macho and hope to not come in last :p

also do you know what is required as far as, Nerf Bars, Tether, and riding gear ?

dirtmomma
03-03-2004, 05:09 PM
yep..what he^^ said;) :cool: most of them have stock suspension also,...any room for me LOL j/p

HEHE me too!!! Yeah for stock suspension :rolleyes: after that mx race last weekend I might be up for some more hehehehe I'm curious how are the whoops set up?? On another post on here there is a pic of whoops @ Glen Helen & they look NOTHING like the ones we were tortured w/ Sunday!!!!

JTRtrx250r
03-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
Yea, i still got stock suspension :rolleyes: you know if they race saturdays? and what time ? (up in albany/salem area) I want to check it out before i go up to race, and if i do, i guess i can just do my best :macho and hope to not come in last :p

also do you know what is required as far as, Nerf Bars, Tether, and riding gear ? the best thing you could do is go out and just race the track,dont pay any attention to the others out there untill you hear the fast guys come up on ya , then just hold your line..they'll go on by, dont even worry about coming in last,good luck and have fun man;)

JTRtrx250r
03-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
HEHE me too!!! Yeah for stock suspension :rolleyes: after that mx race last weekend I might be up for some more hehehehe I'm curious how are the whoops set up?? On another post on here there is a pic of whoops @ Glen Helen & they look NOTHING like the ones we were tortured w/ Sunday!!!! was that at Oakwood?

dirtmomma
03-03-2004, 05:26 PM
was that at Oakwood?

YEP they were a little severe for quads but what do I know LOL, thye were like 3ft apart & 2-3 ft deep more for bikes I think.

AndreS
03-04-2004, 12:36 AM
hmmm... sounds like they started making oakwood more technical... i might have to go sometime

dirtmomma
03-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by AndreS
hmmm... sounds like they started making oakwood more technical... i might have to go sometime

YEP they did, the jumps were bigger also, I really think from looking @ the Oakwood forums that they are trying to slow people down actually cuz of all the wipe outs & people getting hurt seems like every race. It was a fun track I thought. Maybe we'll see ya out there sometime, let me know if ya go. We will be out there on March 13 for the flattrack of course ;) much more @ home doing that LOL but wanna get the hang of MX too.

ultimate2girl
03-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by LazeR

also do you know what is required as far as, Nerf Bars, Tether, and riding gear ?

http://albanymx.com/gpage3.html.html
go to this link, it has all the dates and info the track is different almost every weekend but you should come Albany is a ton of fun