PDA

View Full Version : kill switch=radiator fan problem!!!

ridered03
02-29-2004, 10:02 PM
well I wired my kill switch up by splicing in to the black wire with the yellow stripe on it(the one w/the boot on it) and i ground it to the ground screw on the selenoid, then i took off the temp. warning light and relocated my key.
WELL.... my problem is that sometimes my kill switch works and some times it dosent. I was thinking it was a bad ground, I stumped here:confused:
then to top it off my fan doesent work at all, I rode hard all day on a track and it didnt come on once!!!:mad: so if someone could please tell me what i did wronge and how i could fix it!!PLEASE HELP QUICK:( Thanx in advance:D

ridered03
02-29-2004, 11:31 PM
ANYONE???

2004TRX450R
03-01-2004, 03:28 AM
Well for starters you want to tap into the Balck/white wire right at the key switch. That is the wires the system uses to kill the engine. Second did you disconnect the key switch or do you still have it? If you disconnected it you need to jump the black and red wires together to power your fan, temp light, carb heater, lights. You can ride hard all you want but if you are moving and getting air across the radiator then the fan probably won't come on. If you sit there and idle for long periods then it will come on. Also what Solenoid did you tap into? There isn't one on the 450Rs.

ridered03
03-01-2004, 04:04 PM
sorry bout that i think it was the coil i grounded to, lol. well i still have my key, could you explain to me how toget it connected right I would appricate it very much

2004TRX450R
03-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Connect one wire from kill switch to black/white wire and one either to ground or Green wire at the key switch. That should work for you. If you want to take the key switch off then do the same thing but jump the red and black wires together at the connector.

ridered03
03-01-2004, 06:55 PM
thanks alot for the help!!!:D I will try that and tell ya if it work or not.

03-01-2004, 07:58 PM
2004TRX450R is right. I followed his instructions and mine works fine. I haven't gotten it hot enough to make the fan come on yet and I live in South Florida. Granted it hasn't been hot last weekend it was 81 degrees and it never came on. This past weekend was beautiful also lower 70's and sunny. Not that I'm rubbing it in