PDA

View Full Version : Raced some MX today

dirtmomma
02-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Well today we went down south to a MX race & all I can say is WOW!!! We used to do the scrambles there but it wasn't no scramble track today, they had a whoop section :eek: & some pretty decent sized jumps!! I was VERY intimitated when we got there & I looked @ the track, I have NEVER rode whoops before & havne't done a scramble since the summer. Kudo's to the people that do this all the time, on my practice the whoops about kicked my but then I came up to the table top & that thing was friggin straight up :eek2: I was at that point thinking what the hell am I doing out here LOL but made it thru. In my heat I got 2nd & in the main I also got 2nd, I was finally getting a little rythem donw by the end hahaha, the gal that got 1st she just rolled over the jumps & if I would of been thinking I would of passed her onthe jumps cuz I almost ran inot the back of her as she was going up them :rolleyes: but I didn't want to go hurt myself I was just there to have FUN!!! But Ron said I was looking pretty good in the main so thats all good & I was getting some good air when she wasn't right in front of me I even cleared a small double w/ my STOCK suspension :devil: & didn't get arm pump either whoo hooo. My son did good also he rode the 300 again, he got 1st in the heat & 3rd in the main, he was going around the berm & a kid came & took him out :eek: he even fell off the quad but he got back on to finish 3rd. I thought for sure he was gonna bite it on the whoop section he was gettin all outta whack but held on for dear life LOL. Now for my nephew on his R that boy was doing awesome & was very happy cuz he got the holeshot on a banshee, then on the last lap he came around to the straight away & rolled on the throttle too much, wheelied & gave it MORE throttle(twist) & that sucker went STRAIGHT up into the air & he went flipping!!!!! It was WICKED, he tucked & rolled & the quad came down on it's bars & flipped in the air 4-5 times :eek: :eek: it destroyed that poor quad, snapped the steering stem at the bar mount bent the bars, all his plastic came flying off tore the throttle cable right outta the carb broke the clutch lever & God knows what else!!!! He is ok though whew, got some road rash on his back but thank God the quad cleared him!!! Sooooo that was our exciting day & I will have to say I had a really good time but just am not too sure about those whoops hahahaha, the photographer even came up to me & said "Kym you know there's BUMPS out there don't ya" LMAO he's our flattrack photographer too, I told him I think I've lost my mind. Should have some pics in a week or so so I'll try to post them!!!!

416mx
02-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Congrats on the second place finish, thats real good for your first race. I didn't do that good at my first race. Sounds like you had alot of fun and thats what it's all about anyway. Good luck at the next one.:D :muscle: :macho

dirtmomma
02-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks, yeah I don't know if I'll be doing much of that w/ my stock suspension :rolleyes: I'm SURE it's ALOT better w/ some good suspension LOL we'll just have to see now I might just HAVE to do the 400 shock conversion for that & keep my 300 for flattrack. ;)

Woodsrider
02-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Kym was that in the arena or on the outdoor track?

Sounds like you had a good time. Congrats on the podium finish too. You need to get out on the trails more and get used to the whoops like the ones down in Tahuya:devil:

QuadJunkies
03-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Right on!!!:blah: Those Whoops will; get ya every time!!:mad: I suck at MX, I was getting better late summer but Ive got to get into shape if Im going to do anything this year winter kicked my butt!!:o Im glad you done so well!! I cant wait to see pics of ya tearin em up!! :macho We had a nutt wk end too, One guy broke his foot, one guy had a stroke(spectator):( and alot of carnage towards the end of the night.. alot of blue groove and not alot of our riders have the tires to run for it so it made for a messy night:o Be careful ouyt there and get some suspention!! You wont believe how much a difference it REALLY makes!!You will be getting sick air then!!!:blah:

dirtmomma
03-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Soggy it was on thier indoor track I think this was the 1st time for the whoops but not sure havne't been out there in so long.

Dang QJ sounds like it WAS a wierd night out there!!! Hope the spectator that had the stroke is ok, did they have family or someone racing out there??? As for the blue groove hmmmm sounds like it screwed some people up thats too bad. OUCH On the broken foot :eek: someone broke thier collar bone @ ours yesterday, didn't see the wreck though. Did you ride the preddy??? I'll have to go see if you posted on the race, YES the whoops were hard but ya know I'm not even sore this morning I figured I wuoldn't even be able to get outta bed LMAO now my son is sore I guess cuz he was holding on for dear life hehee!!

dirtmomma
03-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
You need to get out on the trails more and get used to the whoops like the ones down in Tahuya:devil:

HAHAHA THATS FOR SURE!!!! When it starts to dry up a bit I would like to go up to Tahuya, I was chatting w/ Deepcj in another thread & he said he's always ready!! DJ really wants to go too he would love the trails. I got the key to my Dad's property up there (if we can find it again) so I was thinkin it would be cool to camp up there then bring the truck & haul the quads down to ride, I don't think there's a whole lot of riding at the property BUT I could be wrong just need to go check it out more. I'll let ya know if we go there maybe we can get another Exriders "ride" w/ some more people maybe this time!

400exmom
03-01-2004, 07:59 AM
good job kymmy:cool:

dirtmomma
03-01-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
good job kymmy:cool:

Thanks Kimmy ;) :p

QuadJunkies
03-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
, did they have family or someone racing out there???
. Did you ride the preddy??? !

I didint kow the Guy, but apparently he was with his Twin brother......

YEs, I raced the women with the Predator and raced mine with the Men;)

LTandRaptorider
03-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Good job on your races, Kym and Tina! ;)

dirtmomma
03-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Good job on your races, Kym and Tina! ;)

:eek: Hey you were ya been?? Hope all is OK you've been laying low it seems TAKE CARE TTYL ~DM;)

03400EX_Nacs
03-01-2004, 09:29 PM
well, good job! but my first race is coming up and i am nerves but i have a little time for practice so i think i'll be ok.....

LTandRaptorider
03-02-2004, 06:10 AM
:eek: Hey you were ya been?? Hope all is OK you've been laying low it seems TAKE CARE TTYL ~DM;)

Well, I've been blushing furiously since I saw what you have under your avatar!!! :D Something really sexy about that... ;)

I've been selling stuff, boxing up the rest and shoring up the walls... You take care too, have fun getting in to mx and be careful!

dirtmomma
03-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
well, good job! but my first race is coming up and i am nerves but i have a little time for practice so i think i'll be ok.....

Thanks & good luck on your 1st one. Just try not to get all nervous cuz it seems like then you "choke" do what I did, I just told myself I'm out here to have FUN & this is all new. I wasn't really that nervous either, I get more nervous flattrackin!! If you relax it'll be ALOT better on your body too not so sore!! HAVE FUN!!! :D

dirtmomma
03-02-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Well, I've been blushing furiously since I saw what you have under your avatar!!! :D Something really sexy about that... ;)

I've been selling stuff, boxing up the rest and shoring up the walls... You take care too, have fun getting in to mx and be careful!

LMAO..............YOU blushing???:o :p I can't believe that hehehe I found those stickers on Ebay, got one on my quad :blah: I had seen another one on some gals car & it said "Diesel fumes make me horny" :huh :huh I thought what the hell is she smokin' LOL all they do to me is make me SICK!!

Well good luck w/ the move don't forget to take the computer;) & Oh I don't know how much mx I'll be doing, unless I get them 400 shocks on there, I'm sure it's hell on my lil stockers :p but ya just never know!! TTYL;)

LTandRaptorider
03-02-2004, 05:38 PM
LMAO..............YOU blushing??? I can't believe that hehehe I found those stickers on Ebay, got one on my quad I had seen another one on some gals car & it said "Diesel fumes make me horny" :huh :huh I thought what the hell is she smokin' LOL all they do to me is make me SICK!!

Well good luck w/ the move don't forget to take the computer;) & Oh I don't know how much mx I'll be doing, unless I get them 400 shocks on there, I'm sure it's hell on my lil stockers :p but ya just never know!! TTYL;)

Oh I'm a regular choir boy, blush at the drop of a hat! :o I"d tell ya to send me one of those stickers... but just about everything makes me horny!! :devil: Except diesel fumes... yeah, she must be smokin some wachy chit. Is her other car a semi?

Thanks! yep, got the puter, tv/hometheater, quads, guns, tools, chair and microwave ready to go! ;) Oh, how could I forget... and the liquor cabinet!! :D And yes, good shocks will make a huge difference if you do anymore mx! I raced mx one year on my LT with stock shocks, it wasn't very fun. At one harescramble late in the year, I decided to air it out on some jumps on the mx part of the track, split the air box in half landing the jump! Then the next lap the banjo bolt on the rear caliper vibrated loose, so I had to finish the race with no rear brakes. I put works pro-series on front and rear, made landings much better, the whoops are easier to handle also. Well take care, talk to ya later.