PDA

View Full Version : quad vs. two wheeler

440exnacsracer
02-29-2004, 07:47 PM
well, i never thought it would come to this, but i am thinking of getting a dirtbike. im 16 and been riding quads all my life, but they just arent built strong enough, i dont think i can get enough money for a yfz or a trx, and i have a predator now, but this thing just wont hold up. ive had a broken frame, busted shock, faulty wiring harness and a bad transmission, i do ride hard, but on a crf 450, which is what i want, i know i wouldnt be riding it nearly as hard, it might be a stupid question here on a quad site, but what do you guys think? i can ride pretty good on quads, and im ok on bikes,

Out_Sider
02-29-2004, 07:48 PM
the crf cost the same as a trx450

xr50layke
02-29-2004, 07:57 PM
cant go wrong with the CRF450, if i was gettin a bike (probable if not a rancher), its what i would get. the yfz only has 4 years, seems hard to trail ride with 4. god i love crfs *drool*.........how much do you weigh?

question for me: i weigh 240, would the crf 250 or 450 be better for me? trail riding

Greg Z
02-29-2004, 07:59 PM
if ur looking for fun and u dont wanan worrry about breaking stuff go with a 400ex or trx450r... Hondas never break and if they do its usally because of Owners Fault!!

i had my EX for like 6 months now right AND IT RUNS PERFECT never had a problem with the motor the only problems I had on my EX was broken bolts which was my fault and a bent tie rod which also was my fault... Last year when i had my banshee 6 months that i had my banshee.. Wait.... I had my banshee for 3 months and the motor seized up. This I will say... This was not my fault the owner before me must of did something to it didnt no what he did the only thing I know is that I was blowing Seals by the cylender port and that it had air leaks... I was in the same spot like you when i had my banshee i didnt no if it would be good to buy another ATV because it would be a money pit..... but I bought a 400ex and brought couple buddies with me to check it out since they know alot about EX's and we got my self a purdy EX thats never let me down :)

thoughs people were (quadmx18 and quadtrix6)

Sportrax10
02-29-2004, 08:05 PM
If your like me, your gonna have to re-learn how to ride if you get a dirtbike... They feel a whole lot differant if you have never really riden any dirt bikes. (me)

440exnacsracer
03-01-2004, 05:19 PM
well, if i get a crf, im gonna buy a used one, theres a few around here with maybe 10-15 hours for 4 grand, which is a bargain. i could wait and get a used yfz, but id prolly break it too. im 6'6" so im a little cramped on them too:D :rolleyes: and i weigh 210, so i think i can handle a crf, i wouldnt ride it as hard as a quad because,...well,...i know the thing would call me a B****. lol. plus i would have enough dough to trick it out and get 20"s for my truck,...i think this is what im gonna do.

ReconRider25
03-01-2004, 06:59 PM
dont get a bike!!!!! lol no actually theyre pretty fun but im just kinda skeerd of them cuz i went through a fence on a minibike......boy do i hate twist throttles.....:p

SRH
03-01-2004, 07:18 PM
id get a bike, i started on them, i still like them, ur just gonan get ****ed up alot more on a bike

northeast400
03-01-2004, 07:42 PM
I know two people that have them, they seem happy with them. one small issue is per honda it should have the rings replaced every ten hours:eek2:

Bobbs07
03-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by northeast400
I know two people that have them, they seem happy with them. one small issue is per honda it should have the rings replaced every ten hours:eek2:

My cr250 lasted 3 years on a stock rebuild, but i also maintain my stuff. :macho

I would go with a bike or quad, cant go wrong with either, guess its just what your more comftorable on, but compare costs to replace parts on each, dirtbike is hella cheaper:blah:

440exnacsracer
03-01-2004, 08:00 PM
I would go with a bike or quad, cant go wrong with either, guess its just what your more comftorable on, but compare costs to replace parts on each, dirtbike is hella cheaper

exactly, thats exactly what i was thinking, from my predator expieriences, im tired of putting money in it to keep it running rather than aftermarket parts. plus, no matter what i do to a yfz, if i could get enough money, it would NEVER touch a stock crf.