PDA

View Full Version : z400 tranny problem

jdmimports79
02-29-2004, 06:31 PM
i posted this on z400 central too.......my z will not shift in neautral...or any other gear besides 1st and reverse.....1st and reverse work fine...but it will the shifter will not move up anymore....any idea on what is going on?

steve

4TraxRider
03-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Did you change the oil regularly? Also I've heard, but have no backup proof of it, that if you ride a lot of roads this can happen. The engagement dogs round off, or something to that extent. Someone with more tranny experience can shed some light on that i'm sure. Other than that, check simple things like, the shifter being loose or bent. good luck.

adema
03-03-2004, 04:57 PM
maybe u have somethin stuck in the spring so it cant shift up take the shift lever off and check.

Shuee_400
03-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Mine did this in georgia. here is what i know so far my radiator had a small leak in it that has not been found yet and this caused the motor to over heat and just scorched the end side my 4 wheeler is at the shop right now and they have not tore into the tranny yet ill let ya know what the deal is cause mine did the same at first we thought it was a shifter fork bent or broken off......but ill keep ya up to date if ya want me to.

offroadfury
04-04-2004, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shuee_400
[B] my radiator had a small leak in it that has not been found yet and this caused the motor to over heat and just scorched the end side

Did you not notice coolant leaking out of it?