PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been to LBL Lately?

nikejoe
02-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Has anyone been to LBL lately? Me, my brother, My dad and maybe a buddy are planning to go next weekend. We haven't been since last year. I just wanted to make sure it's open and see how wet it is? Is it $15 per day to ride and how much to camp? Thanks for the info!
:p

nikejoe
02-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Also how are the park ranger guys this year? Last year we went a couple of times. On the second trip the rangers were real jerks! I hope they are not like that this year. Are they cracking down on alcohol at your campsite? Just curious???

02-29-2004, 08:31 PM
just got back from LBL this weekend...yes it is still $15 for 3 days & the guards are really cool & never searched me for alcohol...thank god, me & exrider505 had a thing of crown royal :blah:

TDBRPH
02-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Can someone describe the type of terrain and LBL .....

busch light
03-01-2004, 06:29 AM
you name it LBL has it, pretty rocky around the edge of the lake, I missed a trip there this weekend:mad:

nikejoe
03-01-2004, 06:43 AM
Thanks Jumbo! How wet was it? I'm guessing it will be really wet this weakend since it's raining today and supposed to thurs. I was just curious about the rangers. Sometimes they are cool! Sometimes they suck! The first time I was there they just told us to keep alcohol at our campsite and don't start drinking until you are done riding. That was great! I don't think that riding and drinking go together very well. But camping and drinking is a must!!!! Our second trip last year two groups got to the gate seperately a couple hours apart. The guards told us that since it is a dry county there is no alcohol allowed. My dad showed us later and said the guard told him to just keep all alcohol in your campsite. I'm guessing that the rule is No alcohol! I just hope that they don't take that too serious! You should not be allowed to ride while drinking! ( in my opinion) But I want to be able to have several drinks throughout the evening and into early morning.

I guess we will see how this weekend goes! Because going camping any where with my dad, requires a very well stocked alcohol supply. I'll let you know!!!

:devil:

nikejoe
03-01-2004, 06:46 AM
By the way! LBL is about 2700 acres between kentucky and Lake barkley. There are trails of all kinds: hills, ramps, alot of DEEP mud, anything you want is there with the exception that there is no sand, and no mx tracks. It is a trail riders paradice! There are alot of rocks, but they have not caused me any problems yet???
:D

I ride a 400ex listed in my sig. My dad and brother ride 350 rancher utilities and we can all go to lbl and be happy. There is something for every one!:macho

Striker49
03-02-2004, 08:58 AM
A group of me and my friends go alot....i havent been going any lately b/c im still fixin chit on my quad. Bout the time i think i get it runnin, somethin else breaks. Gettin tired of it. Im waitin for that year pass to roll around next month so I can go when I want, I dont exactly have $15 to ride one day on the weekend. :rolleyes:

Werx615
03-02-2004, 10:18 AM
it was real dusty sunday

nikejoe
03-02-2004, 03:16 PM
If kentucky has gotten or gets any of the rain they are calling for around here later this week. I think it will be muddy! Which is fine, except I also don't think it is supposed to be too warm either. Looks like we might not have picked the best weekend.
But who cares? We are going anyway! It's always fun to ride!!!:cool:

03-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Werx615
it was real dusty sunday god amnt:mad: ...i swear I told you to cal my cellphone on that other post if you were going to go...me & exrider505 were there sat. night & sunday.....it was kinda dusty...I also got like 45 minutes of video footage...did you ever see me with the camera on my yellow 400ex? http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pf6cee04a84e833fc23f96d92e088f858/f9c9d0c4.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/peec042aac6b31f65b00d87cb9356b33a/f9c9d0ba.jpg :blah:

Bill Fuller
03-02-2004, 05:23 PM
For every one who cares about the future of Turkey Bay you should stop and talk with the rangers as to what you can do to save the area.Also check The LBL web site,not sure but I think it's LBL.org.They are trying to make the area marked trails only meaning that you can only ride designated trails.The environmental tree huggin bastages say that we are polluting the lake from erosion and such!!Please take the time to let your voice be heard.I plan on going down Tursday night or Friday early to camp/ride this weekend.Hope to see some of you there.

nikejoe
03-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Hey bill hope to see you there! I will be the lone yellow 400ex with a group of 3 other rancher and foreman utilities. We will be in a black f-150 with red trailer and I will be in a green jeep wrangler with a small black trailer. Stop by and say hi if you get a chance! Have fun! I am not sure how warm it is going to be. Have you heard???:(

nikejoe
03-05-2004, 06:12 AM
I'm leaving for LBL this afternoon. I am heading to Southern Indiana to meet up with some others and we are driving the rest of the way down in the morning. Looks like it is going to be a muddy mess. Oh well that will make it FUN!!!!