PDA

View Full Version : Jeff@quadshop leads GNCC

SECCRS
02-29-2004, 06:05 PM
This course was not as wet as last year but just as messy. Just over 11 miles and I would say 8.5 of it being under water.

Jeff lead the first lap of the Hurricane. Shorly followed by Yokley with Bill Ballance about 15 seconds back. 2nd lap had Greg Trew and Bill Ballance withen seconds of each other with Greg in front. Next Lap was Bill and Greg with Bill in the front but Yokley was quickly catching back up. When they checked in at the check point at mile 6 Bill had a 6 second lead over Greg with William followed up 13 seconds behind. But my understanding they incountered alot of lap traffic within the last 2 miles of the course giving Bill a little lead over Greg allowing Bill the win.

Jeff I belived finished 7th not exactly sure what happen, but I was yelling my head off when I seen him on the first lap with him in the lead.

As for the morning race woman rider #201 took a commanding lead. With over a minute on Tracci coming into the first lap. What was 12 woman quickly became only 5 withen the 2nd lap. Tracci I understand broke her arm in a rut and popped out getting caught in some tree's.

Mike Penland had a sizable lead going into the 4th and final lap and my understanding got stuck in a water hole that completly covered the quad only leaving the handle bar controls sticking out.

I am sure I will remember more once I get a lil bit of sleep and some food in me.

Doug
doug@seccrs.com

toby400ex
02-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Did Tracci break her arm or an a-arm. Either way it sucks, but i rather break an a-arm.:(

SECCRS
02-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Did Tracci break her arm or an a-arm. Either way it sucks, but i rather break an a-arm.

It was said she broke her arm.

Ryan
02-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by SECCRS
It was said she broke her arm.

That sucks :(

Pappy
02-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Jeff just told me she DID NOT break it!!!:D

400exmom
02-29-2004, 07:02 PM
It was said she broke her arm. :( :(

:(

Pappy
02-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

400exmom
02-29-2004, 07:09 PM
~oh~missed that.. thanks pappy...that still sux hope she's not hurt to badly

CTmxyfz
03-01-2004, 05:31 AM
Way to go Jeff.

03-01-2004, 06:04 AM
Way ta go Jeffrey..:macho

I see wyndzer got 2nd in 25+ C. Way ta go Jamie,,,,were did ya cut the course..

:confused:

spincr4hire
03-01-2004, 06:26 AM
way to go guys!:cool:

Lil - Braff
03-01-2004, 10:31 AM
I talked to Traci after the race. No broken bones but sore. Arm will be in a sling until next race. Nice little road rash on her chin that looks like a gotee.

Great Job Jeff!

Pappy
03-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Rico

holy chit:eek: he is so slow...how in the hell did he ever do that good:devil:

Motoman440
03-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Way ta go Jeffrey..:macho

Nice job fellars!!! Does anyone know if Harlen is going to post pics of the race???

Admin
03-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Traci is going for X-rays today, and hopefully we will be able to find out exactly what happened to her.

I am impressed that she still was able to finish the race :) Hopefully, she will be 100% by Georgia.

Motoman440
03-01-2004, 10:46 AM
holy chit:eek: he is so slow...:

:eek2: You must be smokin smocks!!!

wyndzer
03-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks guys, check out my boy Doug (wex300) 2 strock C he finished 1st and 11th overall for the morning:eek2:

rowlrag
03-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Right, it is not broke, it IS Fractured:(

Ryan
03-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by rowlrag
Right, it is not broke, it IS Fractured:(

That is much better then broke!

Hope the best for Traci!!!!!

03-02-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by wyndzer
Thanks guys, check out my boy Doug (wex300) 2 strock C he finished 1st and 11th overall for the morning:eek2:

I seen that.. Way ta go Doug..:macho

Motoman440
03-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by wyndzer

Good job there Doug!!!!

WOOLIN
03-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Jeff got barbed wire wrapped around his axel and it was still attached to the fence post. He spent like 3 min trying to untangle it. I got third in Open B. Rowlrag got 9th in 4st A. Stroker 465 got 6th in pro-am. Meek had some chain trouble.

jcv400ex
03-02-2004, 06:54 AM
Great Job Jeff!!!! Still don't understand why people wouldn't clear the course of stuff like that. The first run at powerline park I got into some babed wire....that's a bummer.

I hope Traci is okay! Sounds like she's gonna be sore though!

SECCRS
03-02-2004, 07:05 AM
Not in deffense of the Plantation but having raced there in the past. This is a state recognized historic area. There could be barbed wire that has been there for so many years and burried under the soil you dont see it. But you put 600 atv's on top of it and its amazing what can pop up. I found an arrow head out there just walking threw the pits last year.

There alot of cattle areas out there. And just cause where you set the course in the first place might not be where it ends up with the quick moving of the course throughout the race. If you raced the in the morning you realized that almost every lap the course changed. But there where area's that if you did get up alot of speed you where coming dangerously close in some of the straight away turn. So maybe GNCC needs to include the JEFF (OMFG I CAN TAKE THIS TURN IN 4th DOING ABOUT 60) factor into account.

Doug
doug@seccrs.com

03-02-2004, 07:15 AM
Not in deffense of the Plantation but having raced there in the past. This is a state recognized historic area. There could be barbed wire that has been there for so many years and burried under the soil you dont see it. But you put 600 atv's on top of it and its amazing what can pop up. I found an arrow head out there just walking threw the pits last year.

There alot of cattle areas out there. And just cause where you set the course in the first place might not be where it ends up with the quick moving of the course throughout the race. If you raced the in the morning you realized that almost every lap the course changed. But there where area's that if you did get up alot of speed you where coming dangerously close in some of the straight away turn. So maybe GNCC needs to include the JEFF (OMFG I CAN TAKE THIS TURN IN 4th DOING ABOUT 60) factor into account.

Doug
doug@seccrs.com

Sounds like laziness to me. Hire some help to clean up old barbwire that's infested the track if it's no longer needed..:cool:

I know that sounds harsh but I don't think it would be too hard. Heck I've done it many times on the farm. RP and the land owner should look out for the well being of the racers I think.

I seen pics someone posted and they mentioned how many racers came real close to a certain fence on the course. WTF is up with that. Run the track in a high speed section right on top of a barb wire fence..huh

Not directing this at you SECCRS just pointing it out.

SECCRS
03-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Hey Rico no problem. I just know what its like setting up for a harescramble race and stuff you have no clue about shows up. I found this out with some barbed wire that was burried and I had no clue it was there. Now about the fence. Yes there where several that came very close to that fence at the end of the 2nd straight away. And they where FLYING (literally) around there and coming dangerously close. I guess GNCC thought they had a 40ft wide road that gave them plenty of room well apparently that wasnt the case. But amen no one was hurt on it. Cause if you see that pic I was standing right there when that guy got up on 2 wheels and I started running that way cause I was like this is going to hurt.

As for Jeff I dont know where he incountered the barbed wire. Maybe if he'll report in we'll know alot more. Good luck to you guys in GA. Wish I didnt blow up so I could be racing :(

Doug

cdalejef
03-02-2004, 07:37 AM
It was under the water in one of the many ditches. It was around the 8 mile marker I believe. It was right before were you ran next to a pond that was on your right. The fence was new and I couldn't get it to break, I finally got it untangled. No big deal, its not the first time its happend and it won't be the last. I'm very happy with how I finished.

Big thanks to everyone that was cheering me on!!! :D

Braff1
03-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Yes there where several that came very close to that fence at the end of the 2nd straight away. And they where FLYING (literally) around there and coming dangerously close. I guess GNCC thought they had a 40ft wide road that gave them plenty of room well apparently that wasnt the case. But amen no one was hurt on it. Cause if you see that pic I was standing right there when that guy got up on 2 wheels and I started running that way cause I was like this is going to hurt.

Doug

When we walked the coarse we mentioned that it could be a danger spot especially later in the race when the braking bumps start to develop at the last of the morning race. Hay bales or tuff blocks on that corner would have been a nice safety device.

Braff1
03-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Jeff, if I had know you were going to be so close to Bill Ballance I wouldn't have got him untangled from that 400 ex so fast. j/k

cdalejef
03-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
Jeff, if I had know you were going to be so close to Bill Ballance I wouldn't have got him untangled from that 400 ex so fast. j/k LOL....thats ok, he would have caught me anyway.

1rancher
03-02-2004, 09:35 AM
when we were just chillen there, and that yamai got stuck I look and saw bill ballence on the gas tank and was like holy chit lets go help, he was try to help the guy and push him out of the way and then got lock together and then we saw jeff about 5 sec behind him. Good race jeff

Braff1
03-02-2004, 09:36 AM
From starting where you did Jeff you made a good come back. I am sure the barbed wire didn't help any either but you had a good finish.

cdalejef
03-02-2004, 09:56 AM
ya, I'm happy ! :D

JTRtrx250r
03-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
ya, I'm happy ! :D You should be...sounds like you've been kickin some butt!!:cool: :cool: :macho :macho :macho

Congrats Jeff!:macho

Lil - Braff
03-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Was there enough mud for ya Jeff?

SGA
03-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
Was there enough mud for ya Jeff?
Theres never enough mud for Jeff!
Jeff did great I think and I see a podium finish for him soon.:)

cdalejef
03-02-2004, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SGA
[B]Theres never enough mud for Jeff!
QUOTE] Can I use that quote in my sig? :D

holeshot19
03-02-2004, 06:10 PM
It was under the water in one of the many ditches. It was around the 8 mile marker I believe. It was right before were you ran next to a pond that was on your right. The fence was new and I couldn't get it to break, I finally got it untangled. No big deal, its not the first time its happend and it won't be the last. I'm very happy with how I finished.

Big thanks to everyone that was cheering me on!!! :D from when some guys knocked down a fence where they was a bottle neck i swear im going to put a pair of snip under my seat

cdalejef
03-02-2004, 06:27 PM
good idea

coryatver
03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
So whats it feel like to be leading a race like that?

Codeman
03-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Congradulations Jeff on a great finish. I just know you will get a few wins this season:macho

cdalejef
03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
So whats it feel like to be leading a race like that? It was pretty cool, I was concentrating on not getting stuck so I didn't have alot of time to think about it tho.

cdalejef
03-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Codeman
Congradulations Jeff on a great finish. I just know you will get a few wins this season:macho Thanks Cody, I just hope to get on the podium first.

cheetah
03-02-2004, 07:56 PM
jeff i was just telling my dad before you guys came through on the first lap that you loved this mud and you should have a good finish. then here you come leadin the pack and i start yellin at ya, but i think everyone was.:macho

SECCRS
03-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Hey Jeff,

Did you even know you where in the lead? And how did you get there when I saw you last you where in 6th I belive.

Doug

P.S. when you start leading these things you have all your fans to answer to with there stupid questions HAHA!!!

cdalejef
03-02-2004, 08:21 PM
When I passed Bill around the halfway point and thought I was in the lead but then I started seeing mudholes swirling around so I figured out that I wasn't leading. Soon after that I came up on Yokley stuck in a mud hole. Thats when I knew I was out front for sure.

Several people were stuck and others I just picked better lines and got around them.

SGA
03-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Holeshot19 Quote: I swear im going to put a pair of snips under my seat

good idea

Hmmmmm Jeff. Did I hear someone else tell you this right after your race?;)

cdalejef
03-03-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Holeshot19 Quote: I swear im going to put a pair of snips under my seat

Hmmmmm Jeff. Did I hear someone else tell you this right after your race?;) ya, some little bird said something about that

thomez
03-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Coolest site of the day was the V-force that came around through the fence hole to the 100 yard long straightaway near the end of the track - it was in the morning, he took the turn hard and never let off the throttle, did a 1 wheel wheelie yet he was able to pull the bike back towards the course and never let up. Heck of a rider, whoever he was! I should had the camera out for that one! :macho