PDA

View Full Version : works front shocks for 400ex which ones?

ranger400ex1994
02-29-2004, 02:56 PM
i plan on racing this summer and i want to get a set of works shocks for the front 400ex. but i don't want to get rezzies and i don't really want to spend over 400.00 what works would work for me?

hondafreestyler
02-29-2004, 03:51 PM
ur gonna wanna get the remote rezzies tripple rates dude ...

suspension is important ... works isnt the best but it'll do if your on a budget ... I run pep limited mass ...

remember ... u get what u pay for

ranger400ex1994
02-29-2004, 04:32 PM
ya i know you get what you pay for but my buddys got them in his 440ex and i only think they are dual rate no ressies and i was going to get triple rate and he likes them and i really like them to but i figured they are better then stock and i was going to put the money i save into my motor so. and i trail ride to so i don't really need top of the line.

lil400exman
02-29-2004, 06:00 PM
buy a set of used works with rezzies on ebay..............you can pick them up really cheap and get a nice re-valve and be ahead and save some $$$$$ which is what we all want to do!:devil:

roostin_dale
02-29-2004, 08:53 PM
works pro series are the best they make...im pretty sure they are over 400 tho. If your going to race alot....i reccomend saving more money and buying something better than works...

Moto92
03-01-2004, 11:57 PM
triple rates with rezzies are only about $500

shamisc
03-02-2004, 12:03 AM
You can get BRAND NEW Elka's on Ebay for $500 !!!:eek: Elka's are sooo much better than Works!:eek2:

rollie
03-02-2004, 04:48 PM
id just save up for elkas man !!!!!

thats what im doing!!:blah:

JDiablo
03-02-2004, 05:21 PM
yea man,i've seen some killer prices on ebay for elkas,im saving up for my elkas that should be coming here within the month i hope:rolleyes:

sleestack68
03-03-2004, 12:00 PM
I have a set of work triple rates for the front, I thought they were much better than stock.

But, after buying a set of PEP ZPS I can't believe how bad the Works were. So bad, that to be quite honest, I would rather have just kept the stock shocks on than pay the $360 for the works.

Save your money and buy the elkas.

With shocks it very hard to explain how they feel but what I noticed is that the works shock had a rough and noisy ride. The valving actually felt better on the stock shocks. But the stock shocks felt like they didn't use all of the travels most of the time and bottomed out over big jumps.

The PEPs give you everything, plush ride, lots of travel, and quite. Example when riding hi speed down a trail full of rocks and logs I would have to stand up and brace myself for a hard hit with the works. With the PEPs I see the tire go up but I don't get the sharp hit.

At the end of the day I feel much more fresh.