PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Leaking Brakes?

phireboi
02-29-2004, 02:29 PM
My back breaks are leaking brake fluid out of the actual brake not the brake lines and they don't work at all now I have no idea how it happened but I put more brake fluid in it and it just leaks right out......Anyone know the problem?

sled_ed 300ex
02-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Just by a new rotor for it!!!!!(Joke) On the rotor their is a little screw to bleed the brakes maybe thats just unscrewed or completely screwed out.If its not that try the bolt that holds the brake line to the rotor.:D

JOEX
02-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by sled_ed 300ex
Just by a new rotor for it!!!!!(Joke) On the rotor their is a little screw to bleed the brakes maybe thats just unscrewed or completely screwed out.If its not that try the bolt that holds the brake line to the rotor.:D
The rotor is the dics that the pads rub onn when braking. You are describing the caliper, which is what the pads are mounted to.

phireboi,

I think you need to rebuild the caliper. I'm not sure what all is involved with that but on a minimum you will probably need new seals for the caliper piston.

Joe

phireboi
02-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Well poo...That sucks but yeah I guess ill probaly look at that when I go to tear down my top end this weekend.

y2k400ex
03-01-2004, 11:51 AM
do you still have your parking brake????

when i first got my 400ex it started leaking out of the parking brake. It ws still under warenty so i had the dealer fix it, if thats where it is just get ablock off plate

phireboi
03-01-2004, 04:44 PM
I fixed it.....lol it just needed new pads :)