PDA

View Full Version : plastic scratches please help!

atvrider12764
02-29-2004, 01:50 PM
does anyone know how to get scratches out of pastics...please help thank you

440exnacsracer
02-29-2004, 02:21 PM
two ways, i HIGHLY reccomend the first
1. buy a packet of plastic renew from your local dealer,...comes with some sandpaper, steel wool and a solution, you first sand your plastic at the location of the scratches with water, and put the solution on the plastic
2. another way is to sand the plastic and melt it with a torch or lighter, but it doesnt look near as good

AndrewRRR
02-29-2004, 02:33 PM
You can save $20 by doing the plastic renew stuff yourself. Sandpaper (300-400-600 grit is what they use I think), then steel wool, then mop-n-glow.

440exnacsracer
02-29-2004, 02:40 PM
mop-n-glow....never heard of it, ill have to look into it, ...andrew, how much do you want for your r? please send some pics to banksgrass@aol.com

Sportrax10
02-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Maybe its time for a new set of plastics?

If not you could try the plastic renew stuff...

acw592
02-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Mop n Glo is awesome. I WASTED $22 on the plastic renew. Followed the directions, came out looking like painted plastic. I then put the mop and glo on and the plastic looks like new. It is a floor cleaner/wax. You can find it in the cleaner isle at walmart. I think that is all the bottle of stuff is in the plastic renew, but it doesn't work nearly as good as the mop n glo.

440exnacsracer
02-29-2004, 07:38 PM
I WASTED $22 on the plastic renew. Followed the directions, came out looking like painted plastic.

that sucks man, what color plastic was it on, i used it on my 400ex,... a red one, and it came out awesome, the only part of the directions i didnt follow was the part about wearing rubber gloves,...BAD mistake, looked like my fingers were peeling for a week!

AndrewRRR
03-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
that sucks man, what color plastic was it on, i used it on my 400ex,... a red one, and it came out awesome, the only part of the directions i didnt follow was the part about wearing rubber gloves,...BAD mistake, looked like my fingers were peeling for a week!

Haha, that sucks! I wore gloves for most of it.
Plastic renew can come out awesome if you spend the time and follow the directions. Personally I'm impatient, so after about 2hours of sanding I started to get antsy to finish :mad: