PDA

View Full Version : Oil Out Of Crank Case...but No Crack Help

03-03-2002, 06:00 PM
There is oil coming out of the bottom of my crank case...but there is no cracks its as if the oil is coming right out of the gasket...could it be the gasket or what.........I was riding all day and seen lots of oil on my nerfs and i was like (holy crap) under inspection i noticed that it was coming out or around the gasket dose anyone know where i could get a gasket kit...because i also need one for my head too...is there any type of kits that you can get..

kaneman23
03-03-2002, 07:13 PM
Did you over fill it with oil? You can ruin gaskets if you overflow the crank case with oil.

SporTrax400
03-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Hey TopGun400Ex I had the same thing happen to me at the dunes last weekend and I cant figure out where oil is comming out at. I took off the front sproket and cleaned all the sand and oil off around there and I still cant find the leak when I started it. I tried tipping it up tonight but no oil leaked. Let me know if you figure out what is wrong.

Greg

beerock
03-04-2002, 01:12 AM
it could be a loose case bolt. my R leaked and I tightened up the case and it stopped leaking. if you chek the bolts be sure you dont overtighten them!