PDA

View Full Version : warrior or 300 ex

lildude
03-03-2002, 05:58 PM
well i just wanted t hear the pros and cons of the bikes couse i plannin on getting warrior but i wanted some people who new what they were talkin about to compare the 2.

2000SPORT
03-03-2002, 06:36 PM
My dad had a warrior and I have a 300 EX

I'll do my best to give an unbiased opinion on stock machines

WARRIOR

pros:
More top end
6 speed tranny
little larger than 300ex
very reliable

cons:
air box design
handling compared to a 300ex

300EX

pros:
little cheaper than warrior
better handling
very reliable
plenty of aftermarket parts

cons:
only a 5 speed as compared to the warrior
would be better if came stock with a 14 tooth sprocket

cron-ex
03-03-2002, 07:51 PM
Feb. or March Atv Action had the shootout. 300ex won. Just search this site and there is allready a thread that has allot of info on the 300ex vs. warrior. Of course MOST the people here are going to say 300 and MOST the people at bluetraxx are goin to say warrior. BUT I do like my 300 and would not ever dream of trading it for any yamaha but maybe a raptor.

BANSHEEadam
03-03-2002, 09:18 PM
What kind of riding will you be doing? If you want a machine that has a faster top speed, you definitely want the warrior. But where the warrior has more top end speed, the 300ex has more low end grunt.
If u will be riding places that don't give u the chance to open it up, and you want to torque it out of tight corners, go with the 300ex.
Jumping... from my experience the warrior has better shocks. My 300 had 5 more years of wear on the shocks than the warrior though. If u ask other people they say the 300ex has better suspension.
All in all, Warriors are tons of fun... and so are 300ex's. Either way you'll be happy. I say you find the best deal and let that make up your mind, because sooner or later you will want to trade it in for something faster.

Good luck

03-04-2002, 06:19 PM
i sold my warrior to buy a 300ex,
i like the 300ex a lot beter, the warrior is like a cruiser, with the high handlebars and weird located footpeds, it doesnt feel like a sport machine. its fun to cruis around on, but when i wanted to ride agrressive it felt weird

only thing beter about warrior is its faster
the 300ex won in the dirtwheels 300ex Vs. warrior

i felt the warrior was a great trail bike, and a $hi#Y jumper. i think the 300ex is a all around good bike

:o

lildude
03-04-2002, 07:56 PM
well i got some testing done on the 2 of them well that is if u consider atv offroad fury for ps2 testing:D but owell the warrior won in speed stability and it waas a tie on jumping and the 300 ex had amazing power man i was ridin a weelie at 45 mph and that lead the guy riding to some fatal crashes.......but somehow he managed to get back on

there are the playstation 2 results:devil

305exracer11
03-13-2002, 12:33 PM
300ex are way better than junk warriors better handling power...ex all the way!