PDA

View Full Version : Riding with YFZ450's today!!!!!!

330R PowerValve
02-29-2004, 05:21 AM
I am riding with 4 YFZ's today. I picked up my R yesterday and am heading out to the trails with a few guys that all ride YFZ's. I can't wait to finally see which on I like better. I will post a full ride report this afternoon!!!

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-29-2004, 03:44 PM
sweet! cant wait

330R PowerValve
02-29-2004, 05:40 PM
First thing I have to say is WOW!!! The 450R is awesome!!! I have owned the following quads in the last year: 2000 banshee, 86 310R, 86 330R PV, z400 with LRD pipe and filter. I like the 450R more than all , but the 330R powerValve.

Today we rode for about 3 hours in dirt, mub and snow. There were 3 YFZ450, 2 Z400's (piped), 310R PV and a 400ex. I had the opportunity to ride the YFZ today and really wasn't impressed with it. Actually, I can't see why these people here are saying it is so fast. My opinion was that the steeering was twitchy, it lacked bottom end resulting in the "power hit" and then pulling pretty hard in the higher RPMS. The seat, well I sat on bleachers at my former H.S. football field that were more comfortable.

Also , one of the YFZ lost his chain, which I guess is another problem, along with battery, tie rods and steering stems twisting and bending from crossing creeks and ditches.

Yes, most new quads have their problems, and I'm sure that we will have some things with the 450r, but steering stems twisting without hitting a tree or something???

The 450R. A great linear pull and tons of torque. I did stall it several times but today was the first ride. The accelleration is awesome and yes it pulls harder than the YFZ. I was following a guy, that is a great XC racer, has a 12 tooth front, baffle removed and jetted, and through the woods and up hills I could reel him in fairly easily. The 450R is a torque monster. Torque = accelleration. The 450R is just plain faster in the woods.

Final opinion: I feel that both machines are really nice. Yes there are a few things that I don't like about the yamaha, thats why I didn't buy one. Some have dislikes about the honda and bought a yamaha.

The honda is the superior for XC racing, handleing accelleration and it's quickness. The YFZ MAY be a better drag racer or more fun at the dunes or on a MX track. I do not have experience in these environments.

Please remember this is my opinion and you also have yours.

Keep roostin 450R!!!!!!

joe1l
02-29-2004, 06:00 PM
I agree completely, I rode the 450r for the first time in tight woods this weeked. I am very impressed with it, and I too ride a 250R with 350PV. It may not be faster than my 350R, but it rides much easier in the tight woods. The power is linear, therefore making it predictable, hence making me ultimately quicker while riding it in the woods. Oh yeah.. the front never came up on me, when I didn't need it to (over logs and such).
Joe

4fiddyR
02-29-2004, 07:24 PM
330RPowervalve,

Where do you ride? I'm from Green County, it is about one hours south of Pittsburgh, we ride every Sunday down here.
Need to hook up some time and hit the trails!

Pm me if ya like.

br549
02-29-2004, 07:58 PM
:macho You must have been racing some lame yfz 450 riders. I'm not biased cause I have a 250x big bored & on nitrous & all the goodies, and a 400ex all tricked with goodies, but I also own a YFZ 450 with just a slip on pipe, K&N, and a jet, And The FREE cam mod. I've beat many drag Shee's, Raptors, Z 400's, 400ex's & yes the new HONDA 450R. Most of them by at least 6-7 bike lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Some of them by more than that!!!!

kazpr
02-29-2004, 08:12 PM
The YFZ 450 owners must not have a good site to post on. They all come to the 450r and try to reassure themselves they made a good choice :devil:

jmpulse
02-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by br549
:macho You must have been racing some lame yfz 450 riders. I'm not biased cause I have a 250x big bored & on nitrous & all the goodies, and a 400ex all tricked with goodies, but I also own a YFZ 450 with just a slip on pipe, K&N, and a jet, And The FREE cam mod. I've beat many drag Shee's, Raptors, Z 400's, 400ex's & yes the new HONDA 450R. Most of them by at least 6-7 bike lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Some of them by more than that!!!!

Damm, I love it when poeple need to build their ego! By this post, br549 read only that the 450r was better than the YFZ. None of the reasoning. And then the comment about his big ego beating the 450R's by 6-7 bike lengths. No where in the ride report was there anything about them dragging, actually there was even a comment about how he dosen't drag, and wouldn't know which is faster that way.

It is so sorry that you are so upset with your purchase of the YFZ, that you have to sit on a Honda site, and make personal attacks.

joe1l
02-29-2004, 09:07 PM
I just read in another thread where br549 claimed he owend both the 450r and the yfz, and said that yfz was much faster and here he says he owns 250x and a 400ex. Why do people go to such lengths to try to prove the YFZ is a better bike......now that is lame! I would love to see a YFZ take on a drag banshee and beat it by 7 quad lenqths....lol...i know the yfz is fast, maybe a real drag banshee, not just a stock banshee with fmf pipes, will not loose in a race!

br549
02-29-2004, 09:19 PM
I told you I also own Honda's. And I like them as well. But YOU meat heads missed MY point I like my YFZ better! bet you didn't know it was a 6 year design.
And the Honda is only a 2 year design! You people shouldn't be so CLOSED minded. It be different if I didn't Own Hondas too. Infact I own more Hondas than Yamis! And yes I should have put on the other post that the 450R is really my son's bike,

r450rr
02-29-2004, 10:24 PM
lol 6 year design.. maybe thats counter the years they made the bike to..matter o fact i think that motor has only been out for about 4 yrs/// man its ashame.

and actually i do drag race alot.. and this morning i drag raced a yfz450, with a pipe jets, airfilter, and lid off, and a 13:1 compression piston, and a cam,... i will say he beat me..BUT and this is a big but..we was racing 900 ft drags.. but everyone there(about 50 people) including the yfz owner. said that if i had a higher compression piston and a cam. and jets. then i would be able to kill him..

being honest.. he won every race i raced him, BUT not by much.and i repeat not by much.. like 2 or 3 quad lenths.(and this was a 900 ft. drag) we switched bikes. and the same outcome.
he said it himself. stock for stock, he truly beleives honda has a better drag racer. I know allot of people will say it doesnt make sense, (the numbers dont add up.) But this is what happened,some egotistic YFZ owners need to face the fact that honda came to play the game to. They have had about 8 months to claim the top. and i am afraid there time is up.

P.S.i also raced modded raptors and predators, and ds 650's..

i won some and lost some but all who was there agree, (FOR A STOCK BIKE FRESH FROM THE factory with not even the baffle taken out or the airbox lid takenoff. IT abosolutly rips!! With time everyone will face the fact and realise. THE MAGS ARENT ALWAYS RIGHT. and there both really good quads. Only time will tell who will be the overall winner. but please everyone who comes on this site that has something to say about there YFZ, please keep the baggering that honda dropped the ball to yourself, because very soon, you might just be eating your words.(literally.)

coty

2004TRX450R
03-01-2004, 03:16 AM
I also own a YFZ 450 with just a slip on pipe, K&N, and a jet, And The FREE cam mod. I've beat many drag Shee's, Raptors, Z 400's, 400ex's & yes the new HONDA 450R. Most of them by at least 6-7 bike lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Some of them by more than that!!!!

I call B.S. on the drag banshee. There is no way your YFZ beat any drag banshees. By drag banshee I'm thinking highly modified with stretched swing arm and major engine mods. THAT is a drag banshee. If you want to call a stock banshee with pipes on it a drag banshee to make you feel better then fine. I beat a couple banshees with pipes very consistantly last weekend at Florence up comp hill. Also you never beat most 450Rs by 6-7 bike lengths either unless the rider weighed a lot more than you. There was a YFZ with an aftermarket exhaust that was a really close race to my HRC kitted 450R until I let my friend ride my bike. I weigh 230 and he weighs 140. On his stock YFZ we'd race and he'd have about 1 bike length on me. Then we switched and he pulled 5+ bike lengths on me. What does that tell you? Also with another friend that has a full HMF system on his YFZ and he also weighs about 140-150 lbs we drag raced on the flat ground and it was dead even. Again what does that tell you? Also at Florence there was a couple raptors there that I was beating that looked stock. There was one modifed that was pretty fast that beat me but I think my buddy beat him on my bike as well. Weight obviously makes HUGE difference.

bet you didn't know it was a 6 year design.
And the Honda is only a 2 year design!

Where did you hear that from? I higly doubt that is very accurate info. The 450 has only been out for about a year so I doubt they have been working on the YFZ for 6. But I guess if that is true then it just proves that Honda is a lot smarter company to come out with a better bike in a third the time. Then again I guess on the same token the Aluminum frame on the CRs was originally designed for the CRF450 and they tested it on the CR250s then CR125s first before the CRF450 came into production. So it has been in the works since at least '96.

Originally posted by r450rr
and actually i do drag race alot.. and this morning i drag raced a yfz450, with a pipe jets, airfilter, and lid off, and a 13:1 compression piston, and a cam,... i will say he beat me..

With all his mods he better beat you or there is something WAY wrong with his bike. There is no shame in being beat by a bike with that much more done to it than yours.

330R PowerValve
03-01-2004, 06:16 AM

Two of the YFZ owners were the top 2 racers in their divisions last year and they didn't ride YFZ's. One had a 425EX and the other had a raptor, which he said had more torque and pulled harder than the YFZ:eek2: He did say that the YFZ was faster top end down the road.

biohazard1.2
03-01-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by 330R PowerValve
Two of the YFZ owners were the top 2 racers in their divisions last year and they didn't ride YFZ's. One had a 425EX and the other had a raptor, which he said had more torque and pulled harder than the YFZ:eek2: He did say that the YFZ was faster top end down the road.

B friggin S.

EVERYONE knows that the YFZ is not fastest (top end) and that the RAPTOR has a higher top end...

and, the low end, unless you and your budds fugged it up, is awesome on a properly jetted YFZ. I can cruz around all day in 2nd in tight woods and just open up the throttle and roost!

....your whole post, while entertaining, cannot be viewed as entirely accurate.

but, we YFZ owners are getting very used to the biased reporting on EXriders over diffs in the quads.

The best part is that EVERY mag or testing org around has crowned the YFZ...as have all of us owners who have had the opp to...compete against other quads....in drags, short course, TT or just BSing in the fields

AINT SKEERED.

But....who cares. If you have a quad, we all have something in common.

Pappy
03-01-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by biohazard1.2

but, we YFZ owners are getting very used to the biased reporting on EXriders over diffs in the quads.

i wouldnt blame the site for the posts of a few that obviously are biased.

i love my yfz. i love the trx.

what i dont love is BS and this thread is full of it;)

Scottie Mac
03-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Once again, Pappy, the voice of reason!

Scott

Pappy
03-01-2004, 07:11 AM
well it may sound corny, but the yfz just feels right. its not perfect but its better then most quads ive riden and that includes some pretty badazz aftermarket quads.

i am pretty picky about the terrain i like to ride on. i hate sharp, short hills. since getting my yfz i havent backed down from any hill. not for any reason other then i feel very confident on this quad.

i think equal riders on the yfz and the trx will be so damn close its not worth arguing about. i do feel the yfz in stock form will be a better mx'r, and the trx will do better in the woods in stock form except for the kick start issue (thats just a personal thing with me)

i LOVE the thrill of a riding a 2 stroke, but appreciate the grunt a 4 stroke....with the yfz i get the best of both worlds.

BRETZ56
03-01-2004, 07:54 AM
BS is blown out of the water, lol. This is some funny stuff

Posidus
03-01-2004, 08:02 AM
To end this arguement....... I am the only one that have posted a movie of the trx and yfz racing...... The TRX won if you don't remember..... I still think that both bikes Rock.... But please don't come in This forum and say The trx is a piece of junk..... Thanks

...ps Proof hurts! :)

Pappy
03-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Posidus
To end this arguement.......

...ps Proof hurts! :)

this is exactly the childish BS that keeps people pissed off.