PDA

View Full Version : Just got to ride my 400ex

seven
02-28-2004, 10:04 PM
I just got to ride my new 2000 400ex for the first time. I bought it for 3000$ but it had maybe 10 hours on it since new. Show room condition. First thing I did was pick up a new K&N filter for it. I got it home and took the stock baffle out got rid of the airbox lid and re jetted it. I ended up with a 40 pilot and a 158 main. Then I started taking parts off my 250R and putting them on the 400. I put some 18 on the back and some nacs grooved radials on the front. Cut the plastic on the front and thats about it. I have got to ride a 400 before but it wasnt mine so I never got to ride one hard. I was really impressed with the over all performance of it. I only found wanting a little more power in a few spots. Mostly in the sandy areas. So far I am not missing My 250R even though its still sitting in my garage. I am going to put my long travel front end on it Monday with TCS shocks along with the Dura blue +2 axle on the rear. As soon as My R sells I will buy a TCS rear shock and do a 426 kit with a port,cam,carb and 11 to1 piston. Now I just need to sell my 250R. I will also have a bunch of 250R stuff for sale soon, including

38 Air stryker carb
Magura Hydro clutch
ported 310 cylinder and piston
boyeson rad valve
Gas tank
cdi box
head stay
Paul turner pipe
bills silencer
JD performance +1+2 AArms

I would be willing to trade for 400ex parts also.
I am looking for full 400ex exhaust
Bigger carb
cam
rev box