PDA

View Full Version : Headlight on TRX90

quadfamily
02-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Anyone do this? I did it on my sons a couple of years ago. I took out the stator and sent it to Ricky Stator. For around $100 he wound a lighting coil onto it for me and gave me a voltage regulator. I made a bracket and mounted a 300EX headlight onto it and it works great! I took a headlight switch from an old junk ATC and mounted it to the handlebars and it looks factory. Oh yeah, I used a truck marker light with dual bulbs for a taillight. Only thing is we can't use the high beam because the stator just doesn't put out enough juice for some reason. It's plenty bright with the low beam though.

Pappy
02-28-2004, 07:43 PM
pretty cool idea!!!

quadfamily
02-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Yeah, thanks. It was pretty sad because he couldn't go with us on any night rides because he didn't have a headlight. I'm liking this mini quad forum!

Pappy
02-28-2004, 07:59 PM
i just know id jackass a tree if i rode at night:o im bad enough in perfect lighting:p

yep, the mini forum rules and i expect some new stuff coming in the future for this section:D

quadfamily
02-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Your picture is much clearer. I pulled that still off of a video so it's not the greatest.

dirtmomma
02-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Thats AWESOME!!! My son would love for us to do this to his 90 he was always bummin' cuz he couldn't go on night rides, but then again they got a little crazy:blah: he wouldn't of been able to keep up LOL

quadfamily
02-28-2004, 09:04 PM
yeah, You gotta ride a little different when the kids are with you, especially at night. I'll only take them to areas they are familiar with at night.

JOEX
02-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Looks good! I wonder if I could put 400ex lights on a 90?:o
That's a real good pic for a vid-cap:)

Joe

dirtmomma
02-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Looks good! I wonder if I could put 400ex lights on a 90?:o
That's a real good pic for a vid-cap:)

Joe

HAHA yeah DJ was just saying if we did that to the 90 he would want the cool little fog light type ones. That would look cool if you clould incorporate 400 ones into the hood or something :blah:

And yeah def gotta ride different w/ the kids, heck now the oldest one can outride me now :p & his quad is faster :grr: but hopefully not for long:devil:

KILLER EX
02-29-2004, 04:29 AM
last week i installed the ricky stator kit on my daughters trx90 and it works kick @ss!!the lights are very bright and the whole installation process went smoothly !the kit came with everything you need except the flywheel puller.

http://www.rickystator.com

jmsmilin
12-20-2008, 10:05 PM
does RS still rewind old stators-and HOW DID YOU MOUNT THAT 300ex LIGHT! Looks great!

quadfamily
12-21-2008, 09:08 AM
I have nbo idea of they still do it and can only assume they still do. You would have to contact them yourself to find out. I welded brackets to the quad to mount the headlight. It works great too. I used a headlight/kill switch from an old ATC which also worked great.

jmsmilin
07-02-2009, 10:09 AM
can you post close ups of the bracket, I just cant figure out how you attached the 300ex light, I have one but I dont have any idea how to do up a brcket for it...

quadfamily
07-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't have any pictures of it but the bracket was 3 pieces of thick flat stock, welded together to form a [ shape. I had to curve the two sides to fit everything right within the plastic 300EX headlight piece. I installed the plastic upside down so the holes for the indicator lights were on the bottom. The sides of the metal bracket had holes drilled to mount the light and the straight piece had (I think) two holes to mount to the steering stem. Man this thread is 5 years old! This quad is now my Daughters.