PDA

View Full Version : Rode my 450R for the first time today

greghall
02-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Here's what I think ,It lives up to all the of what high performance is in a quad, this thing is great the only things that i'm disappointed in is that it is geared way to high in first gear for tight woods & trail riding ,it chugs on low speed tight stuff, I am use to my 400Ex that could tractor over anything & not stall ,I would use very little clutch on my EX .On the R I was slipping the clutch way to much for my liking, BUT I will have a smaller front sprocket on it nexst time I ride & this should take care of that,I also took all the pre load out of the shocks for woods riding that should take away the high sitting feeling that my 400EX had when new but besides those two small gripes THAT THING IS AWSOME!!! ,I love it .When I get it dialed in Im sure I will be able to ride better & faster than on my EX. Starting was a piece of cake & trust me I stalled it alot with that stock gearing one kick with the hot start it was lit.You will not make a mistake in buying this bike.

alias
02-28-2004, 07:16 PM
That sums it up well.

416mx
02-28-2004, 09:03 PM
I rode one for the first time today, it was a friend of mines bike. We were at a MX track , so it's a different type of riding.
He just had 18 inch tires , the HRC kit and a LRD pipe. That thing was Awsome, very usable power. I also rode a YFZ today, It had a little stumble on the bottom , but onch you got pased that it screamed, I like both bikes but the R has power more like i'm used to, like my 400.
I'm going to try and buy a new one next year, but wanted to ride both to see which one, I'd have to say that there both great bikes but the Homda felt better for my riding style, and felt more like my 400. I've never been a great Yammi fan but i was impressed. Just my 2 cents worth.:cool:

greghall
02-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Yeah I think its gear more for MX & open terrain riding which most people do,most people dont like hitting trees & tighter than tight woods.

WOracing19
03-29-2004, 06:03 PM
u r right. i got a 450r and its way better than the yfz. it has more usable linear power. and it has that torque for when u need it. i read that it needs more top end. U DONT KNOW HOW TO RIDE. must be used to riding a 2 stroke.

yellowrider
03-29-2004, 09:13 PM
woracing the yfz has more usably power stock..

the yfz reminds me of my friends 416 with 13:1 AND web cam with some type of s troker kit...

the r is a really good bike i love my honda's ... but i believe that yamaha made a better bike this time in this certain class.. if i had to choose a

warrior over a 300ex i would choose 300ex
raptor and z400 kfx400 and 400ex i would choose 400ex
pred yfz r gas gas yfz hands down..
blaster 250ex suz 250 blaster

but that is just my 2 cents i love both bikes but one has kick one had electric.. power is about the same but the yfz is more snappier .. i guess because its not geared so high.. anyhow post pictures