PDA

View Full Version : trail tech speedo

Pro400
02-28-2004, 07:50 AM
have any of you tryed the trail tech speedometer/computer? dose it accully work is it worth the 75.00.

ajcroft
03-05-2004, 04:15 PM
I ride with about three to four different guys, and we all have trail tech computers. They all work great. We tested them against my truck to see how accurate they were, and they were dead on.

Doibugu2
03-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Do a search, I know there are a couple of threads out there.

I believe the consensus is that they are mostly a glorfied clock. The speedo part seems to break after awhile.

I like mine, but don't know if I would do it again. I believe walmart sells a knockoff very similar for regular bikes that just needs to be modded slighty for like $30.

03-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Do a search, I know there are a couple of threads out there.

I believe the consensus is that they are mostly a glorfied clock. The speedo part seems to break after awhile.

I like mine, but don't know if I would do it again. I believe walmart sells a knockoff very similar for regular bikes that just needs to be modded slighty for like $30. i completely agree...I use mine more for a clock t=han he speedometer part....i thought it would be cool to have a speedometer like my friends utilitys do but its not that cool on a sport...mine also has to be ziptied down & sometimes doesnt read anything b/c it comes a littkle of the connectors,.

TravEX
03-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by ajcroft
I ride with about three to four different guys, and we all have trail tech computers. They all work great. We tested them against my truck to see how accurate they were, and they were dead on.

test them against a GPS, that's the true way to tell,,,the speedo is not very accurate as i found out after testing it against my GPS this past weekend, i've had the speedo for 1 1/2 years, and i'm very happy with it, BUT, due to the expansion of the tire at high speeds the speedo is off at low speeds and high speeds,,,i set the speedo with the GPS at 53 mph, and at low speeds of around 30mph the speedo would show 40, and on top end i got up to 69.5 and the speedo showed 64,,,they are great to have, but not very accurate, but a good reference tool as far as tripometer, maintenance schedule, and things like that,,,sorry for the novel, hehe:p

sparks400
03-05-2004, 09:29 PM
the one i hd for my blaster was way off and i did all the measurements, a stock blaster does 56, and i had just about everything done to it besides hotrod crank, and stroked, and it read 58, but i raced a 650 prarire whch read 65 and i wsa ahead of him, it only thing its good for is time and distance, i washed my bike with it on and it went dead.