PDA

View Full Version : First Ride , Breaking it in?

400ex
02-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey guys,
I got my trx last saturday, but havent got a chance to ride it yet.
Now that march break has come around, i will be able, tomorrow(saturday), will be my first time.
My question is how should I go about breaking it in? how long do i go easy with it, and wat exactly should i do.
My dealer told me to go easy on it the first gas tank. That means not too make it rev too high and not give it hell. He then told me to do my first oil change.

After my first oil change(after my first gas tank, is that right?), do i still have to be carefull and everything? if so, for how long?

sorry bout the long post guys, thanx alot.
I'm from montreal, quebec, canada if anyones wondering
thanx again

Sportrax10
02-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Do what your dealer said about break in...

Do it for your first couple tanks.... Then you should be fine...

Definalty change your oil quickly, do you know what kind of oil your gonna run?

02-27-2004, 06:14 PM
I warmed mine up for about 4 or 5 minutes then I got on it and rode it like I normally ride. Not taching it out or holding a steady RPM for a long time. I didn't baby it one bit. Here is what the owners manual says

**** Help assure your ATV's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how you ride during the first operating day or 15 miles (25 km). During this period, avoid full throttle starts, rapid acceleration, and constant RPM operation. ****

schmitthead
02-27-2004, 06:58 PM
couldnt be better said straight out of honda's mouth

400ex
02-27-2004, 10:58 PM
thanx alot guys for responding so quickly, since now i'm going to bed and tomorrow morning i will be breaking it in.

I'm using HP4 synthetic with moly in the crankcase and regular GN4( 10w40) on the transmission side.

sorry bout nothing saying your name Sportrax10;)
i'll be riding it all week, and won't have access to the internet, so i wont be responding, but thanx alot guys once again