PDA

View Full Version : any good drag stories????????????

sjw1176
02-27-2004, 04:18 PM
just curious if any of your guys have any good drag stories for us yet...

H_W
02-28-2004, 10:09 AM
I don't own a 450r yet, but I did finally see one at our local riding area. There were alot of people there. I was drag racing my cousin on his raptor with a sparks X-6 pipe, uni air filter, and sparks degree key. We were dead even as usual. The only other quads dragging were about 5 blasters and a 300ex. Then I saw it. I had just lined up ready for the next race and here came a 450r to line up right beside me. He cut it off, and then pulled the kicker out and kicked it 1 time. I would not even call it a kick, he was sitting on the seat and it looked like he just let his foot fall on the kicker. It started up very easily. Then out of nowhere, 2 yfz450s came and lined up. I swear I did not see them before the 450r showed up. Anyway we took off and the 450r was in front the whole way with the yfz's next, then me and my cousin on his raptor. I pulled over to watch. The yfz's (one was completely stock, it was quiet, and the other had the baffle taken out) and the 450r (it was stock also, still had the baffle in it, it was quiet also) dragged about 5 or six times. The 450r won every time. The yfz with the baffle taken out was only about 1 bike lenght behind it almost every time. The completely stock yfz was about 3 bike lengths behind every time. Now before the yfz owners start saying "those guys on the yfz's just can't ride" let me say that the yfz's were out running the piped banshee that was there and a couple dirt bikes. I will also say that the guy on the 450r was pretty good at getting the holeshot. The front end never came up on him and he would just take off like a rocket.

Blown 331
02-28-2004, 10:12 AM
http://www.stlmustangs.com/forums/html/emoticons/1worshippy.gif

JWhite
02-28-2004, 10:34 AM
I have won some and lost some.

It's all in the start man. I have np controlling the front end with a wide open start.

Texasrider
02-28-2004, 02:51 PM
I've only seen one 450r at a park we ride. It beat everything there except a heavily modded banshee. There weren't any yfz's there that day. Beat lots of raptors, z/kfx400's, predators.